Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Trophy Taker Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with Timber Tall Treestands? I was considering their 11 pound Baby Lite model and wanted some input.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
It's nice and light. I got one. Got it two years ago. I also just got a Summit Viper XLS. The TT is a good carrying stand and climbs well. Stable enough. The leveling system is virrtually useless on the base as the threads are too fine. It takes forever to level it. The seat sucks. You'll get a sore *** quick as there's no padding. The carrying straps are cheap. Biggest gripe? Needs a padded seat. Yeh, you can add one. For $340 or so you should not have to add anything.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I am going to be a little biased here, because my cousin owns the company and I have worked for them in the past, and still rep for them when my time permits me too.

I have tried all kinds of stands out there and I wouldn't use any other stand. As far as the seat not being comfortable, is because you don't have it adjusted right. try loosening some of the staps in the back and tightening some in the front and just keep adjusting till you find which one works for you. We do make a padded seat for it, but in my opinion isn't really worth the money because you can get the sling seat adjusted just fine, but if you still dont like the sling seat call them and tell them that, they will try to work with you I am sure.

The leveling system does take a little bit of time to adjust, but not alot of time, within 60 seconds you can have it adjusted to where you want it, but it is by far better than any other leveling system on the market! You still have to set your stand at an angle at the bottom of the tree to accomodate the tree getting smaller at the top, the adjustment will give you around 5 inches of adjustment, but it is really there for fine tuning.

As far as the price, man you pay for technology. You aren't going to find another stand with a climber at 10.5 pounds. You won't find another stand with a leveling system, with carrying staps that are also safety belts and a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
60 Posts
adjusting the timbertall

I cannot get the bottom portion of the stand to adjust under my weight. turning the knob twists the whole cable.

I think I might take off the pvc piping on the cable and replace it with some softer material that will bite into the tree better.

I am also going to get a strap to secure the seat to the tree so it won't fall down when I get up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a Timber Tall, only tree tested it twice. Not as comfy as my summit, might change the seat with the summit seat. I applied nonslip tape to it, the square channel seems slippery. The seat section does have to be securced with another strap besides the strap that comes with it. When 2 straps are used the seat is solid. Because the stand is easy to backpack, I'm willing to experiment with it to get it to my liking.
Will welcome any suggestions.
ctbowhunter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts