Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at the no-peep by timberline archery and thought it was neat,but a little scepticle.does anyone use it,and if so,how good is it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have used one for a couple of years now and won't set up a bow without one. I use a peep sight for aiming and the no-peep only for verifying a proper grip. Since I started using this combo I can say that my left/right misses have cleaned up considerably.

Good luck.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've used the timberline no peep and the anchor sight. The Anchor sight is much better. I first bought the no-peep because it was cheaper and I was not sure that I would like it. Once I found out I liked shooting without a peep I bought the Anchor Sight and am very happy :) best accessory I have purchased for my bow.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Years ago I used Altier sights (torque and under/over draw indicating) with no peep sight. Or a rear pin on my target bow (but w/peep) everybody gave that odd looks 15-20 years ago...

Anyway, now I use an anchor sight + whatever sight I please.
Unless something more revolutionary comes down the pike I will never go back to a peep. At least not on a hunting bow. Target bow maybe, just for pin/target clarity.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
no peep

I bought one for my dad's bow because he couldn't focus on his pins through a peep with his glasses. I set it up and reset the sights (20 min). By the time I got his ready to go I had to have one for myself. They are great. You will have a much clearer and open sight picture, be able to see your pins later and it is alot easier and quicker for me than aligning the peep with the sight ring. No more worries about peep rotation,one less thing on your string to slow your arrow, and on and on. I have shot a peep for 17 years and it took all of 20 min to decide there is no contest. I will NEVER shoot a peep again. Keep an eye out in the "Classifieds" and you can pick one up for 25-30 bucks. If you buy one new and don't like it you can sell it here easily.

·
Registered
58 Posts
They work. I used to use one and following the No-Peep instructions of practicing by covering it up every so often, I now do not use a peep or a no peep. It is the real deal. It will definitely teach you a consistent anchor.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
No-Peep 4yrs now

I had my no-peep for 4 seasons now and will never put a string peep on my string again. As stated you can try the anchor sight also. I just like the TNP because its a bit smaller. I will say it takes a bit to get it set solid to a good anchor point but when its locked in trust it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts