Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting this for several years and now its time for an upgrade. I will be using it for target and hunting. What's your takes on Scott releases but please chime in with other options.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Stan shootoff Quattro !
Best release you can buy IMO

·
Registered
656 Posts
This is highly comparable to the Stinger by TRU Ball. The Stinger features fully independent jaws and you pull the trigger to open the jaws and let up to close-completely silent and releases the string evenly, but compares with the similar rod style connection to the strap. If you are looking for a step up, you may look at the Assassin for another caliper style or the Beast I for a hook style jaw.

There are a lot of options to look at: www.truball.com!

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
If you really want to step it up go to a hinge like a BT Gold or similar. Get a 2 finger to start with so you learn proper BT form.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Carter Too Simple is an excellent release with adjustable barrel and trigger. It also has a self locking mechanism which takes the hassle out of locking it onto the D-loop. A lot of releases don't have that feature, which to me is just barbaric!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I started shooting release pictured above back in 2009 and now I have a new bow that fits me better so I need release to follow.

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
I shoot the Scott Little Goose and I love it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm still using the same Scott Little Goose that I bought back when I first started shooting a bow.

I wouldn't mind trying out a few different kinds of hand releases. I may just have to do that the next time I'm at the pro shop. That new Exxus looks like it would be a nice one to try.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Started with trufire like yours but hated it. Always pinched and pulled out my facial hair on the side of the jaws. Decided to upgrade and went with the Scott shark release. Couldn't be more happier and they have a lifetime transferable no questions asked return policy.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have never shot a Scott, but I have tried many Carters and Tru-Fires. I wouldn't use a Tru-Fire for a paper weight.

Hands down the best wrist trigger there is IMO is a Carter Like Mike. Very close second comes the Carter Lucky at a more reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yeah u can't go wrong with the Carter's. I've got a quickie2 Great release. The Scott's are good too. I picked up a spott Hogg wise guy this year and its the best wrist strap I've shot. In my opinion anyway. No creep at all and the sears break like glass. The one thing I've learned about releases is u get what u pay for. For a regular archer like me with crummy form a good release is a must

·
Socket Man
24,235 Posts
Which ever one you pick pm me and i will send you my shooting articles on firing engines for hinges or thumb triggers and they will help you get started. I am a hinge shooter and love it but thumb triggers are awesome also.

Hinge pick would be a scott longhorn pro brass

Thumb trigger is one of the stan just x models.

·
Socket Man
24,235 Posts
Learning to become a real shooter has been so much fun and a huge challenge for me over the last couple of years, it is so worth it when the work starts paying off and you start experiencing what shooting can really be.

I am going to send you some of the stuff right now and you can read up on it, especially the spectator shooting article. You need to read it every day for a few weeks and let it soak into your brain because it is going to be your goal to become that kind of shooter when you get the new release. It will take time but it will happen.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Sometimes a release just feels right to you. If you can get your hands on as many as possible to try to see what feels good in your hands.
I like my TRU Ball Short-n-Sweet for hunting but would also recommend a TRU Ball Beast.
I prefer TRU Ball but try what you can and see what you like.

www.truball.com

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went into Academy Sports tonight and purchased Scott Samurai release. I can't wait to test it out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was unable to get the Samurai to fit right in my hand so back to the drawing board. I will go by my archery shop that way I can put one on prior to just picking one out and hoping for the best.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went back into Academy Sports tonight and exchanged the Samurai for the Little Goose by Scott. They received a shipment and I was surprised to see them on the shelf. While I was in there helped some a couple ladies out buying archery gear for their husbands for christmas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts