Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Kentuckys' fall SQUIRREL season opens Sat. (Aug. 16) and it's time to dust off the ol 22 Winchester, do a little bushy tail huntin, and deer scouting all at the same time. Funny thing how deer will walk right up to me while I'm hunting bushy tails, and be so darned edgy when archery season rolls around, LOL. Oh well, just thought I'd share the opening date with y'all. Have a extra good hunting season this year y'all. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
74,535 Posts
Scouting this weekend

Time to check the ole woods out and get it on the mind. Might place a few well known treestand spots. Looking forward to walking the woods. Weather here is 85 and is that nice or what.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Derbytown,

Good luck on Saturday:) !!! Our Deer season opens tomorrow:D , and I can't wait. We have been hunting hogs, and seeing the deer come up and move around has just about killed me. Have fun going after the bushy tails.

Matsicon

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Took my little boy for a stroll in the wagon last night and I saw a bruiser coming out into a cut wheat field with two other bucks.Man,I hope they take that trail on Oct.4th it goes by a stand location I use within 18 yards.....:cool:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I didn't go this weekend, to darnded hot to even think about killin anything. The game would spoil before I could get it into the cooler, LOL. Good luck to everyone this season. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
I still cant believe that there is a squirrel season. There is one here in AZ to. I grew up in South Dakota and there was not a season. If you saw on then you could shoot it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts