Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always shot hoyts and never had aproblem with the old strings or winners choice strings on them,but I have a 09 Pro elite with fuse strings and now after having the shop get it back in time a week ago and after about 150 shots it is out of time again.Should I get rid of the strings or what is happening?This is really frustrating because it always seems to happen during a shoot and my draw lenght against the wall of the cam becomes spungy and the bow shoots all over the place no consistancy.

· Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Further Investigation

At our pro shop I know of 4 hoyt bows with fuse strings on them and they are all going out of timing its time I guess to buy some Winners choice,all of the hype about fuse strings in bogus!

· Registered
2,847 Posts
I was going to replace the stock strings right away on my Katera, but after hearing about all the improvement to the Fuse strings - decided to keep them on there and give em a try. They're stretching away and I'm tuning away.

· Registered
573 Posts
Put a good set of strings on that bow made of BCY 452x and your string (and tuning) problems will go away.

· Registered
278 Posts
Change the strings.

I bought my strings from John's Custom Strings and put them on last Aug. and once I shot them in and tuned the bow I haven't touched them since. John lives close to me and makes a real good string and is also a nice guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.