Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There’s a lot of nice equipment available to day for archery. Not to mention some nice price tags as well. Now I have bits and pieces of older equipment laying around collecting dust and thought I would try to come up with something simple for more accurate shooting.

Thinking along the principle that Hind Sight uses I felt an additional pin segregated from the front sight could be employed as an alignment reference. This should also eliminate the need for a peep sight. But like all thought out plans there are hidden surprises if one doesn’t have the past experiences to go with it.

My project is in the early stages of trial fitting and would appreciate any helpful comments or thoughts to this approach. It’s a lot easier to complete a project with other’s insight input than having to stumble across something not seen and having to redo it again.

Any help with comments is appreciated.

Ed

·
Registered
987 Posts
Most of the time your rear sight will be slightly up than your front sight. you have to leave some room for that adjustment, I only see two holes in your rear sight pin bracket. Also what I would use is a lever type arm or bracket to hold the rear pin, this will give you elevation adjustments. I would tried out using the quiever mounting holes to hold the rear sight. Use the KISS rule (keep it simple stupid) and will worked better. One more thing take that pin and enclosed inside a 1" PVC tube and know you have a scope or a round rear sight. .........................:darkbeer:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the time your rear sight will be slightly up than your front sight. you have to leave some room for that adjustment, I only see two holes in your rear sight pin bracket. Also what I would use is a lever type arm or bracket to hold the rear pin, this will give you elevation adjustments. I would tried out using the quiever mounting holes to hold the rear sight. Use the KISS rule (keep it simple stupid) and will worked better. One more thing take that pin and enclosed inside a 1" PVC tube and know you have a scope or a round rear sight. .........................:darkbeer:
Thanks for providing those good points to take into consideration as I progress. I agree the KISS rule should be followed here as much as possible. Not trying to build a better mouse trap but a functional aid.

The one thing that wasn't applealing to me was the original configuration with just straight edges. Now she looks like she will belong even with additional modifications for height adjustments and when it's finished with black paint.

Now when my fletching arrives and paper tuning begins I can move forward with this sight aid modification.

Ed

·
Registered
110 Posts
Check out a sight called the Eliminator Pro. I think you will find it useful.

Ben.

·
Registered
110 Posts
They are nice . If you are like me you will spend 3 or 4 time that much trying to make on and then end up buying one anyway! I am currently saving up for an all black one now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are nice . If you are like me you will spend 3 or 4 time that much trying to make on and then end up buying one anyway! I am currently saving up for an all black one now.
Other than a few cents of electricity and say about 3-hours of my time so far no real spending has occurred for my project. With Mr. Bilongo’s helpful advice it has progressed to roughly this point.

All that’s left is setting up an alignment point on the top of my pin guard. Looking at trying to get some larger diameter fiber optics. Now there may be a small cost here but my tinker blood wouldn’t have it any other way until I gave this a test run. :smile:

Ed

·
Registered
987 Posts
Other than a few cents of electricity and say about 3-hours of my time so far no real spending has occurred for my project. With Mr. Bilongo’s helpful advice it has progressed to roughly this point.

All that’s left is setting up an alignment point on the top of my pin guard. Looking at trying to get some larger diameter fiber optics. Now there may be a small cost here but my tinker blood wouldn’t have it any other way until I gave this a test run. :smile:

Ed
I like that kind of thinking................:darkbeer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts