Archery Talk Forum banner

Tinks Power Scrape. WORKS !!!!!

7918 23
Just thought I would do a quick post on this scent. A few weeks ago I kicked a mock scrape close to another stand I was putting up. I went back into today to clear some more shooting lanes and they scrape is TORE up. Some huge tracks in it and much bigger then the mock I made. I checked out the two other scrapes I sprayed in the area and they were hit also. Looks like Tink's has a winner on their hands and the price is right. 10.00 at wallmart. ANyone else tying it ?
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
I cant trust tinks anymore, especially after I heard most of their products are just regular doe urine with 1-2 obscure ingredients added...I use hoosier trapper supply scents now, you can buy urine and lure by the half gallon or gallon so your friends can split it with you...stuff works too...I did used to use tinks though, never had much luck with it. One thing can make bucks go crazy in one area, then 50 miles away it can make them run for the hills..

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Isn't this stuff a synthetic type of scent? I used some stuff a few years ago that was a synthetic....can't remember the exact name, but it was Hawg's scent or something like that. I had mixed results with it. I know if you sprayed it on any leaves they'd turn brown and die!

· Bettering the last.....
6,160 Posts
I bought it when in firts cam eout...it is a waste of 12 bucks in my opinion...not even a track in it and it was right on a trail that gets heavy use....

i was going to try the kischels...but have since felt messing with scents was more risky than anythingelse (but thats just my opinion)

· Shootingairborne
11,336 Posts
Don't know about this stuff? I might try it.:wink:

On my mock scrapes around here. I have wizzed in the scrapes everytime I'm in the woods. They deer make them bigger, and fresh tracks are always in the scrape. I rarely hunt close to them. Around here they hit them at night. NOt saying they don't have daytime activity just mostly at night where I hunt.:wink:

Tinks Doe P has worked great for me in the early archery season.:wink:

Good luck!:darkbeer:

· Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,891 Posts
This is a dumg question but why wouldnt human urine scare the deer? I would assume our urine smells totally different.

I hear ya Pierce. I always pee in a bottle so the deer dont spook, but I have heard that other hunters pee right in scrapes with great success. I think it all depends on the hunter and the deer. I am still hesitant to pee near my stands, but i would love to be proven wrong, cuz it would save me all kinds of $$$$$$$$$$$$

· Registered
1,044 Posts
I killed the biggest buck I ever killed down wind from a natural scrape that I whizzed in every time I went to the stand.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.