Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might have been on AT that I first read about this. Practicing on my deer target with bullet tips. When I would pull them from the target, I could hear them rattle. Had to tighten the tips each time before I shot. I ran across about 500 orthodontic rubber bands I used to hold guides on fishing rod blanks. Managed to stretch them with pliers for E clips and slip them on the bullet tip. Snugged them down and Presto! No more loose tips.

·
Registered
20,302 Posts
Tighten with 2 nock pliers & there won't be a problem having them come loose.

·
Back Yard Champion
31,589 Posts
Can't add anything.......All above works..........

·
Read Only
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried pliers, didn't work. Good idea for nail polish. Many thanks for the tips. Might be someone else will benefit from this thread. However, I have about 500 of these bands. Bands should last a while. Put bands on three more arrows that are for practice. Six wiht broadheads had a spacer and neoprene ring, holds good. Shot several arrows this morning and no loose tips.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lots of things to try! I know there are some field points that have rubber bands on them when u buy them. Cant remember who makes them though.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
if you like the idea of a rubber shock absorber between point and shaft, go to a decent hardware store and look through thier assortment of rubber O-rings in the plumbing dept. find one that fits snug on the big shank of your point .

·
Read Only
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not a shock absorber. The orthodontic band acts as a lock washer to keep the bullet tip from loosening every time I shot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.