Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good rule to tip an outfitter? Do you tip the outfitter and his guide? Do you give more $ if you kill your prey? Do you give less if you go home empty-handed? Do you tip the cook, etc. ? Lets hear all info about proper tipping on your hunting trip! THANKS!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had 2 guides on my last bear trip. They put me on a good bear and I was successful so I gave them $100.00 each.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
If you feel like the guide did a good job, tip him.
If you feel like the food was good, tip the cook.
If you kill an animal, tip him well.
If you want to come back and hunt the next year you better tip well. The guide will no doubt rember you and try even harder to get you an animal. Make friends with your guide and help out when you can. If you have a little respect for each other that goes a lot farther than a few hundred bucks.

As far as the outfitter goes, unless he's out there I would not even think about tiping him. Nobody can tell you how much to tip, its a personal thing everybody feels diferent about.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
I know this they dont like it when ya give them a knife

A knife is a good gesture but it does not pay the bills, If they are a good guide and you felt they worked hard for you then dig deep. Those guys are not making tons of money, and if you can afford $5000 for an outfitted hunt, then you can drop a couple hundred on a good guides tip.....

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
benchleg90 said:
If you feel like the guide did a good job, tip him.
If you feel like the food was good, tip the cook.
If you kill an animal, tip him well.
If you want to come back and hunt the next year you better tip well. The guide will no doubt rember you and try even harder to get you an animal. Make friends with your guide and help out when you can. If you have a little respect for each other that goes a lot farther than a few hundred bucks.

As far as the outfitter goes, unless he's out there I would not even think about tiping him. Nobody can tell you how much to tip, its a personal thing everybody feels diferent about.
That pretty much covers it for me also......

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I would not tip an Outfitter unless he actually was involved in the field guiding. If the guide did a good job ( regardless of kill or not ) he deserves a good tip as thats how he makes a living.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts