Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm broadhead tuning with fixed blades. I'm around 1 or 2" to the right at 40 yards compared to field points. This is a 300 fps bow, so it seems 1" at 40 yards is like a human hair move on the rest. I really wish I'd gotten a microtune rest now. Back with mechanicals, it didn't matter as much. It seems I always over correct. So what are some tips for bumping these things like 1/128" or so at a time? I'm thinking of using a silver sharpie and straight edge to draw a line that goes across the two moving sides so that my current setup is with the lines dead level (current windage doesn't line any lines up perfectly). Then move from there. The silver sharpie should come off with some rubbing alcohol.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Put a small piece of masking tape across the sliding part and then slice it down the middle of the slide with a razor blade. That will a very sharp edge to work off.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good call on the pencil mark, thanks! I tried the silver sharpie and it was kind of clunky and I'm afraid of removing my white lines with the alcohol with repeated use.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put a small piece of masking tape across the sliding part and then slice it down the middle of the slide with a razor blade. That will a very sharp edge to work off.
Good idea also! Thank you.

·
Just thwackin' it.
7,072 Posts
Loosen the windage/elevation just enough to where you can bump the rest with a set of allen keys lightly to move it in very small amounts, then re-tighten. No need to have it super loose and wobbly to where when you re-tighten it, it moves again.

·
Mark
5,444 Posts
I also use masking tape to mark current position before I move anything adjustable on my rest or sight. This way if you move it too much you know where it was. Seems to work well.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,336 Posts
If you have an eye for detail it's pretty easy to see it move even a micro-fraction. But if your bow has a yoke it's easy to adjust those as well to get BH's with your FP's. I prefer BH tuning at 60 yards because it really doesn't take much of an adjustment to see the results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts