Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a fun one. Broadheads or field points for most your arrows in zombie appoco/ civil collapse of any sort. Bow being the main weapon for silent kills and such. Would broadheads last for if there were no where to get anymore, or go with field tips. Could a field tip do enough damage to the head to stop a zombie, cause they would last a long time?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
This is actually a fun topic... I will have to try to decide arrow shaft type, point weight, obviously draw weight is going to be an issue... Do you go heavy for penetration or lighter so your shoulder holds up through the horde??? Feathers or vanes is pretty easy to decide as vanes just rinse off... For tips I would run something like a Muzzy Bone Crusher tip without the blades. The blades will slow penetration and more than likely break on your first headshot. So, broadhead without blades or field tips for me. These would also make for quicker arrow retrieval.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think that most broadheads today would not hold up to constant use in a situation like a zombie apocolyspe or shtf event. Is there any tips out there that might make it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would carry broad heads on my arrows for single zoms because it will either pass through or get stuck in the head forcing me to take the time to find it or pull it out from the back of the head which could take a while. Then I would have field points because they would be simple to remove because they don't have that barb affect that the broad heads do. If all I have is a bow for the hoard though I think I might just run like I have never run before for the fact that I can't shoot that fast.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
In theory a .22 should do the job so I think field points should do just fine. But on the other hand do you want to risk it?

·
Registered
5,051 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Anyone who thinks there is gonna be a zombie apocalypse is as nutty as squirrel $#!+. You need to leave that crystal meth alone bud its not good for ya

·
Registered
273 Posts
From watching the show arrow, bow design is really important. He uses the bow itself as a weapon

This would make me think a recurve is better when the zombies come

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Zombies are real, though not as they're portrayed in common movies and TV shows. A chemical of the puffer fish is used to induce a death like state. The poison is 10x more deadly than cyanide. For more info search "Zombies in Haiti".

Now, a head shot w a FP would do the trick just fine considering it's larger diameter than a .22 and would make arrow retrieval much easier than pulling a BH back through bone

1 - 20 of 20 Posts