Archery Talk Forum banner

tips needed on quieting Hoyt PowerHawk

1323 10
I recently purchased the PowerHawk made by Hoyt - I'm realizing that I should've abandoned my budget and just spent the extra $100 for the SuperHawk. Nonetheless, I have the Powerhawk and it seems fairly noisy. Noticeably louder than some of my buddy's bows of other makes. Anybody have any tips or hints on how to quiet my PowerHawk down a bit? Thanks for the input...:darkbeer:
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,795 Posts
Is the bow in tune? If not then it is usually a lot louder.

String silencers, such as cat whiskers.

Limb dampeners if your bow doesnt already have them

Make sure all accessories are tight.

A dampener that goes in the stabilizer bushing such as an S or X coil is about $20 and works very well for noise.

· Registered
1,393 Posts
a stabilizer, on your bow below the grip on the front side is an aluminum bushing. you can pick up stabilizers like the s coil from Simms Vibration Labs for around $20.00 that will help with noise and hand shock

· Registered
78 Posts
i guess i would try a stabilizer before anything else, i think you will see a big difference. A sims s-coil should work well for ya. Get them at any archery store or cabelas, gander mountain, etc... around 20$

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a doinker stabilizer, and the bow has factory-equipped alpha-show, and string leeches. All of the accessories are tight. I can only assume that the bow is in tune - it's only a month old and was set up by my local pro shop. I guess the only thing left to try might be a string stop, but I hear some opinions that they really don't have much affect on noise - Is this true? If it does help, any suggestions on which stops to begin looking at?

· Registered
13,757 Posts
I have a couple in the shop and havnt noticed any noise difference between the two... sounds like maybe something is loose.. check everything especially the cam adjust screws, they will work loose.... whiskers on the string are the best leaches in the cable and s coil stabalizer.... it should have factory limb savers in the limbs already

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.