Archery Talk Forum banner

Titanium cable guards

1152 Views 38 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Dale_B1
Saw these online. Are there real world benefits over stock?
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Banned
4,160 Posts
What? Where is the link or photos ? I can’t see what your asking!

· Registered
23,010 Posts
Have NEVER seen a need for them since started using a cable guard back in the late 70's!

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
1,890 Posts
I bought 2 and they are ok. but I do not like the cap on the end - its glued on so you can not get slide on and off easily. it is hollow so if you take the cap off it looks dangerous. I eventually removed the cap and flipped it around so the hollow end was in the riser.

· Registered
33 Posts
Seems like carbon would be the lightest effective material for this purpose though high in vibration. Titanium is more dense than aluminum and most carbon fiber composites. It's not really a miracle material and only makes sense in a few "exception rather than the rule" scenarios. If I wanted to get rid of carbon I would probably opt for a steel alloy. The size of the part makes weight savings negligible in my eyes and steel would probably attenuate the most vibration and have the least flex. Actually, thinking about it a little deeper, if flex is the problem why not just have a denser carbon fiber rod? I guess what I'm say is that from an engineering standpoint ti doesn't make sense at all. Change my mind.

· Registered
5,787 Posts
TAP makes quality items, and they really got their fame with cable guards when PSE had batches of cable rods bending (being to fatigue and fail)/breaking completely. Sam, the owner, is an outstanding guy, and when you call, that’s who you’ll talk, and he will even text you back and forth.

Their DOA stabilizers and roller cable guard are great products. When I have bows with cable guards, I typically swap them out to Sam’s titanium alloy rods. Yes, I had a PSE that the rod was failing on, and I’ve been gun shy of all carbon rods till this day. His roller cable slide is really nice as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,826 Posts
I have a 2020 PSE NTN that the stock carbon cable rod started to break and bend. The TAP cable guide rod fixed it.
Ches.

· Registered
55,454 Posts
The cable rod on my Mach1 bent and cracked causing noise I replaced it with the TAP rod and all is good much better than the stock carbon rod from PSE.
I agree crap can happen with anything at anytime. Does your problem happen often, resounding no. If you replaced it with one, fine. But my forst concern would be what caused it to bend and crack and fix that first.

· Registered
4,826 Posts
Dale is an Expert on here. He has said in the past that you can not get broadheads to group with field points and suggests you move your sights to your broadhead point of impact just prior to deer season. LOL. I am glad the shop he worked at is not close to me.
Ches.

• Haha
Reactions: Venari Cervorum
1 - 20 of 39 Posts