Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about the TKO rest. The string attached to the rest and cable has come loose twice. The guy at my pro shop tied it for me. I dont think he knows much about dropaways and I have no clue except i do understand the spring tension adj on this rest. I believe I will like the rest once i get it setup by someone else properly.. is there any advice i can tell him on setting it up.

Here is what I understand the string is supposed to be tied a little bit lower than the rest on either of the cable strings. When u pull it back the rest should reeach is correct height an inch to an inch and half before full draw.

Any other help is apprecaited.

He is not big a dropaways and I do not know why he would say he would have problems with this rest. I find it very simple once i get it tied correctly to the cables. He also pushes Mathews and talks badl about Hoyt's cam and half system. Of course he believes the add that mathews put out.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
674 Posts
Use the static cord, easiest method, is to split the cable and put the cord through it. Slide it down until it is about 1" below your rest height. Pull your bow and it will set length automatically this way. Then bend the cord down and serve around it and the string for about 10-15 wraps. Extremely easy to setup. Just shot a popup 3-D with it last night.

F

·
0 Posts
installed on AR31

Just installed one on AR31 last night. In order to give me some adjustment room, took rest down to 3 major pieces. Turned the bar around so groove for vertical adjustment would be on inside, then added back the horizontal adjustment. Turned prongs downward so they would lay flat on shelf, adjusted cord and proceeded to shoot bullet holes. Quieter on fall than TT. I will replace the teflon tubes with Gibbs Archery Super Slick tubes if I decide to hunt with this bow.

Negative. Cord on the launcher arm is too close to arrow path. Tied a rubber band to keep in out of the way for now. Probably need to do something diff.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Fred....this tip came straight from Rick @GKF Take a kind of glue (he suggested Fletch-tite) and glue the knot on the launcher pivot after twisting the lift cord so that it naturally kicks to the side away from the arrow. I did it, and boy does it ever work!!!!! Kicks out of the way EVERY time, and still does it's job! Here's the answer to your problem!
And yes, I LOVE mine!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Giving more adjustment...

Like Fred Did ,that gives you about 1/4 more,needed on the thin ARs and some of Bears models.

Also Grant that does work nice....

Thanks for posting this info.....

GKF Tech

·
Registered
256 Posts
TKO

I just put this rest on my Havoctec, and I'm wondering if I'm making contact with the string that pulls the launchers up. I don't know if I read Grant's post right, but are you saying that I should glue the knot to the rest? My fletchings are rippling, and I can't figure out where the contact is for the life of me. From what I read here, it seems like the launcher cord might be the culprit. Assuming that is correct (and that's a BIG assumption I know), should I go ahead and do the aforementioned? Please help my simple mind understand GFK Tech!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Yes, glue the knot to the rest pivot. And........it did interfere a tiny bit with the pivoting action because it was stationary, but after I glued it, I too the rest apart, got my lighter, and melted the knot until it was on the side that didn't get in the way of the pivoting action. EASY! First though, I would look VERY carefully at your lift cord, and see if you see ANY wear.......it's not gonna fray I don't think, but just sort of a smooth, shiny spot where the vanes "polished" it. You might not be getting contact, but if you are, this is what has worked for me, and Rick at least. Report back to us what you find.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
You can put some lipstick on the edges of your vanes, and that will tell you if they're making contact with the lift cord (or anything else). Just be sure to clean the vanes well when your finished--esp. if they are on your hunting arrows, because the lipstick really smells.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts