Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes...I know the TKO is a dropaway and the 3000 is a micro-adjust prong rest. I am currently in the process of setting up a hunting bow and need advice as to which would be the better of the two for hunting considering, silence, dependability, and overall accuracy.

The only thing that is making me think twice about the TKO is that I read you have to set your nock point really high if you don't want the prongs to hit the bow shelf.

Please give me some unbiased advice...preferably from someone who is a bowhunter and who has shot both of these rests enough to make a sound judgement.

Advice will be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Both have pluses & minuses - you really need to figure out what is more important.

The QuickTune 3000 is one of the best rests on the market for a non fallaway. One thing that this style of rest does is make tuning really hard helical fletch much harder to tune. Outside of that I love 2 prong rests and I know a lot of guys who shoot thme on the 3-D courses.

The TKO is a good rest for the money but I feel there are much better Fall Aways on the market. I personally feel that the DropZone and the Trophy Taker are the 2 finest rests on the market for this style. A close third would be the NAP QuickTune 4000 Micro Fall Away

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
reply my post above & you have your answer.

·
Banned
843 Posts
I think the NAPs are great rests,I dont think I would buy a drop for a hunting rig.As a matter of fact ,I bought a NAP drop for my new Darton,I played with it a lil bit,thought it was noisy upon release,took back for a 1000 prong style,I have the 3000 on my Hoyt,more bells a whistles...A 1000 is fine for hunting...the 3000 xtra features are nice for target bows.Once set up,they are identical in performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts