Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'12 Elite Answer
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading other posts about the TKO and how they are somewhat quiet but it seems like mine is quite loud when i draw my bow. I shoot blackhawk vapors through it and to me it loud enough to where I believe a deer will hear it at 20 yards or less. What do people do to get rid of the hiss when drawing your bow back? Thanks a lot!

·
Banned
738 Posts
here ya go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your talking about noise as the forks rise's and rubs along the arrow,you can put some mole skin,or felt,that will quiet it down,...................:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Take some fine grit sandpaper and sand down the surface of your arrow. Fine steel wool works just as well. Shouldn't have more than an inch or two riding on those prongs to begin with.;)

·
Registered
'12 Elite Answer
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is it suppose to be riding on the then until it pops up?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Put one layer of Scotch tape on each prong of the metal Vapor launcher and it is totally quiet. Shot 3-D all summer and it is still working.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
tko

I made my own launcher, similar to a shakey hunter, only bigger. Then, I made acradle to glue to my riser out of a fan belt...just enough to hold my arrow, even when I hold my bow sideways. Works like a charm !!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts