Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get a life! Work hard and use your own D#*@ money to buy hunting equipment!!! I made a 2 hour drive to check my trail cameras only to find both of my treestands and both of my trail cameras gone! All were locked on with the locks cut and laying next to the tree they were in. I hunt private land and am surrounded by farmland, so it would take a lot of work to first of all find the treestands, then come in with bolt cutters and carry away a ladder stand, a hang-on with steps, and 2 trail cameras. I have been hunting there for almost 5 years and have never had any problems, until now! I know times are hard and people are short on cash, but for freakin sakes!! I am a full time student with 3 kids and work full time and buy my own hunting equipment with my own money and have never resulted in stealing anything! Just needed to vent and am sorry to all those who have have had hunting equipment stolen as well!!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro.. I have had too many things stolen to list and it burns me up.. I simply can't stand a rotten thief!!! I feel your pain..

·
Registered
23,625 Posts
I hear you - I havnt been to my deer property sine last winter..it is over run with trespassers..I honetly expect to ne missing at least one stand - if not all...even though they are locked...I hope I am wrong..

Which is why i use the $49 ladder stands from Di ck's......

·
BONE_A_FIED
528 Posts
I just made a post very similar to this yesterday.........sorry man.

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
That blows man, freaking jack***. Hope you have a good season anyway.

·
Registered
685 Posts
really sucks man. I have found that the hunting community as a whole are probably the most unethical people in all of sports. Its very sad to me. I just dont understand how you wouldnt think about it every time you used the stands. I dont think people who steal stands sell them, i believe they use them. I heard from and old hunter that if your stuff gets stolen there is a 80 percent chance its on someones property that lives close to you. ALthough i have issues with tromping thru someones property without there permission...lol

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Add box blind and feeders to that list... I hate thieves...

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I hope they fall out of thier stolen stands!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I feel your pain brother. Someone stole 2 Milleniums from me last season.

Ala Archer

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Both treestands and both trail cameras, sounds like the thief may know you :exclaim:
Were the stands and cameras close together ?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Get you a climber that way you don't have to leave it for someone to steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
That blows.

·
Banned
5,228 Posts
Iv'e had lock's cut and to many things stolen from me...no matter what we do if they want it bad enough they are going to get it. I actually had someone break my camera before just to get it off the tree :confused: Now tell me what good that did them? They couldn't use it and neither could I it was just $200 laying out in the wood's. Iv'e switched to cheaper stand's with lock's still and I cut the seat's off to make them look even cheaper. It's a shame when we have to worry about things like this.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'll tell you how to catch them. Buy a cheap tree stand, a cheap game cam and a good game cam. Put the good cam up in a tree pointing down towards the cheap cam and tree stand, be sure its a blackout led model. Then you will have pics of him stealing the cam and tree stand. How i caught my neighbor stealing my stuff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thats why I love using a climber, no one knows where I hunt and nobody can snag my stands. Although I do miss the ease and the cover of a hang on...nothing worse than a thief

1 - 20 of 71 Posts