Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scentlok is now an advertiser on AT and they started a thread on their "guarantee". The thread got a bit off topic and was deemed redundant by the mod and it was locked from the Manufacturers Announcements here:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=386903

Nick from Scentlok rebutted a comment about Mr. T.R. Michels article here:

http://www.outdoorscentral.com/artman/publish/article_169.shtml

He stated that Mr. Michels had a testimonial on their site. This part is true, however, Mr. Michels did not know this. Nick failed to mention that the testimonial is from about 1992, roughly 14 years before Mr. Michels published article that includes many references to scentloks own misinformation that has since been removed from their own site.

I have emailed Mr. Michels ( as suggested) and he so stated this in an email. He also reitterated that he has done a lot of research and found that "it cannot work".

I just wanted to clarify that part since the thread was locked.

Testimonials mean nothing to me. There are just too many other outside influences to alter perceptions on if it works or not. This just so happens to be a product that can be proven or disproven by science. Many articles refute the science behind ScentLoks claims. They provide no scientific articles, but mere anecdotal evidence. This is why I decided to return my scentlok.

Everyone can make up their own minds, and this concludes anything I'll ever post again on Scentlok.

Good Hunting to all!

BTW. You may want to read just what you MUST do for Scentlok to work and be covered by their guarantee. It's a long list, but GREAT INFORMATION!

http://www.scentlok.com/articles/articles_detail.aspx?n=10

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Activated carbon can be recharged, but I think it takes a temp of about 3000 degrees to do so. What I do is buy a bag of activated carbon and run it in a coffee grinder to turn it to a powder.

I also wash with scent free soaps and spray all me gear down. I sprinkle the insides of my clothes with this powder before each hunt and wear a silk liner in between to keep it off my skin. I just started doing it this fall and had some good results the other night. I had 3 separate deer walk 80 yards from my stand and right across my trail and they never detected anything. They was also downwind.

It could have just been the night and distance also, but I will keep you posted and let you know how this works out.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
For a bayou boy I am impressed. I have only purchased a cheap Scent Lok hat from Wally's last year but am awaiting their sponsorship as we speak.

·
Registered
771 Posts
That is an awesome read from T.R. Michaels.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I just love this stuff.

I've voiced my professional opinion before and I'll say it again.

Post up REAL data to support the carbon suit industry claims. Let a group of professionals review the data. If it proves out, I'll be the first professional to come out publicly and admit I was wrong. Further, I'll buy a complete carbon laced set up from them. Until then, I know what the real science says, so they won't get a dime of my money.

Post up some REAL data ... let's see it. Fabrication takes a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts