Archery Talk Forum banner

to fast for whisker buiscut

1065 Views 15 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Buster of Xs
is it possible to be to fast for the whisker biuscut rest last year with a slower bow i was consitant out to 70 yds now i'm shaky at 40 I shoot a mathews switchback 28 dl set at 70 lbs and shoot the same arrows as last year 27 inch blackhawk vapor 4000 with 100 gr field points
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
552 Posts
Sounds like you made some equipment changes and that could be your problem. Did you increase your draw weight, your draw length could be different. Even though manufacturers say they are a 28" when you measure them sometimes they run a bit long. They fudge the factors a bit to get more speed out of the bows.

· Registered
2,919 Posts
it's probably not the whisker biscuit, though (in my opinion) they are not the best for accuracy

more likely the same things that made the faster bow faster also made it less "forgiving" and/or it doesn't fit you as well and/or you haven't been practicing as much as before . . . . .

all those threads about how fast bows are not as accurate are NOT 100% BS

· Registered
10,560 Posts
it's probably not the whisker biscuit, though (in my opinion) they are not the best for accuracy

more likely the same things that made the faster bow faster also made it less "forgiving" and/or it doesn't fit you as well and/or you haven't been practicing as much as before . . . . .

all those threads about how fast bows are not as accurate are NOT 100% BS
+2 deff. with Bert2 on this.

· Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you are shaky it is not the bow causing you not to be steady it is your form or muscles are not what they need to be IE draw weight it to heavy.
I meant shaky as in not consistant not as in i cant hold the bow back. and Ive benn shooting a 70lb draw since I was 16 (now 24). I am a poured wall foundation (Symons steelply forms) foreman and lift weights 4-5 times a week so I dont think that my muscles are to weak.

· Registered
7,265 Posts
Macho don't work

It's always easiest to blame the equipment, but may not always lead to improved accuracy. Mis-spined arrows, poor rest, etc. can be shot quite accurately if the archer is doing his part. It's about consistency, don't you know.

WB's have been proven to shoot quite accurately under a diverse set of parameters.

If you're looking for "archers helping archers" I believe you're in the right place. If you're looking for self validation, help may be hard to find.

Best of luck to you.

· Registered
55,478 Posts
It's always easiest to blame the equipment, but may not always lead to improved accuracy. Mis-spined arrows, poor rest, etc. can be shot quite accurately if the archer is doing his part. It's about consistency, don't you know.

WB's have been proven to shoot quite accurately under a diverse set of parameters.

If you're looking for "archers helping archers" I believe you're in the right place. If you're looking for self validation, help may be hard to find.

Best of luck to you.
LOL totally agree. First thing most people blame is the equipment. A bow properly set up will always shoot better than we ever can-----most of the time it's a total mental game.:)

· Registered
47,636 Posts
What was your last bow?

There could me lots of things going on.

The bow is too short and doesn't fit you physically (lost anchor points and so on), short bows suck at 70 yards anyway ;), cam position is wrong, bow weighs too much with too little holding weight, DL is wrong, rest and nock point are off, arrows aren't spined right, you're getting fletching contact with something other than that god-awful WB, the grip doesn't work for you, peep's farther from your eye on the short bow, etc., etc., etc.........

We need a lot more info about you, your needs in a bow and the bow's setup if anybody is going to help long distance.

Best thing to do is to take it to someone who can work with you and your bow in person.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.