Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father is currently using a Winn Release that hooks onto the string of his X-Force bow and I am wondering if this is causing accuracy issues because of pinching his arrow nock???? I am trying to get him to switch to Winn's loop release and a string loop, wouldn't this be a better set-up for a shorter ATA bow.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any thoughts on this????

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
He should at least have an eliminator button between the nock and release. And yes a loop would be a better alternative.....why can't he use his regular release with a loop?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
loop

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I used the Winn C-10 off the string for a while and did seem to have string torque issues and was always replacing center serving and moving the nock point back down, as it was constantly moving up the string. I now use the loop hook model with a loop and tied nock point. Works much better.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Winn Release

He should at least have an eliminator button between the nock and release. And yes a loop would be a better alternative.....why can't he use his regular release with a loop?
Was told the type he has will not latch onto a loop, Winn makes a slightly different model for loops.
Thinking of buying him the set-up for his B-day in January.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
LOOP

Automan

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
If he has the C-10 model release you can easily modify it into a Loop Hook which is used for D-loops. Just cut the two "fingers" off that are opposite of the part that actually holds on the string. I did it to mine and it works just fine. Used a air cut-off tool and smooth the edge down.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Loop!!! used to shoot fingers, was all anti- release, but shot one for couple months then added a D loop and to me the consitancey grew 10 folds!!

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
loop material

I'm using the C-10 on loops.
Are you using some sort of stiffer loop material??? It seems he needs to push on the string to have his release close properly??!! Maybe it is just that his release is showing it's age??

·
Registered
297 Posts
When the release is hooked on the D loop, a tap on the hook from the index finger, locks it. But if he doesn't have the C-10 and needs to purchase, the loop hook model would be the way to go.

·
Registered
939 Posts
In my opinion, the loop is a better way to go as it eliminates release wear on the serving and can eliminate release torque. Good loop cord is available from folks on here. It does not keep elongating like the cheap mart loop cord.
Take a look at several releases before deciding on a loop hook. I do not like velcro in a hunting situation. I also like to put my release on at camp and tuck it into my jacket sleeve, so I am sure I won't forget it. Just what I like to do. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pops is stuck on the Winn style release, says it makes the draw weight lighter??? I just need to get him into a loop to help his accuracy and prolong his serving life. He does use a rubber speed button between the nock and release but it seems like so much stuff in the little space created by the shorter ATA on his X-Force. Guess I will just have to make the decision for him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts