Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help...

I'm left eye dominant but shoot right handed---which means I have to close my left eye, look through the peep, and aim with my right. Now before you tell me to change my ways and shoot left handed, let me just say I'm too old to change. If I was 20 years younger then yes, I would learn to shoot left handed. But I'm not and shooting left handed is just not an option. Here's my question...I'm thinking that if I take off my peep and sight in with both eyes open, I should be all right. Yes, I'm going to have to really adjust my sight pin, but before I go ahead and do this, I thought I would just ask if this theory will work. Or is there another option??? I've been reading about a gizmo that eliminates the peep, but I'm not sure that will do what I'm trying to do.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ur still going to have the same problem i think . Ur left eye is to far from the string and being in line with ur sight . Plus the sight wont have enough windage adj.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was worried about that...that's why I thought I'd ask before tearing off my peep. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
538 Posts
alot of people shoot with one eye . U can try retraining urself . It really depends what u want to do

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
nothing wrong with closing one eye while aiming, does it cause you some discomfort?
if not then that's all you need to adjust to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts