Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently do not have a peep served into my bow...Does it make that much difference in hunting accuracy? Comparing to a rifle...I am looking for minute of deer not 1 MOA...

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
23,094 Posts
Well it dose to a certain degree. But late or early hunting .With the light conditions dose effect your accuracy.

Now on the other hand i would suggest a Anchor sight for hunting.Even in low light it still gives you reference as dose a peep in lighted situation. [Later

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Personally I think it does make a big difference in accuracy.
They are cheap, have one put in and see how you like it. You can always take it back out.

Lien2

·
Time Flies
13,281 Posts
Peep

I've always thought of the peep as another essential anchor point, in addition to the position of the string relative to the tip of your nose as well as the position of your hand on your jaw bone. For a hunting application, just use a peep with a really large opening; that way you'll gather more light through the peepa and it will be much easier to see in low-light situations.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I think for the majority of us, it helps with accuracy. There are always those archers that have near perfect form and a consistant anchor point that probably don't benefit from a peep.

·
23,094 Posts
Well it dose to a certain degree. But late or early hunting .With the light conditions dose effect your accuracy.

Now on the other hand i would suggest a Anchor sight for hunting.Even in low light it still gives you reference as dose a peep in lighted situation. [Later

-------------------

But as a suggestion and a recommendation] If you decide not use a peep or want to try the Anchor sight.
I would suggest a type of kisser button. Now i hunted with a re-curve bow for many years, and brought some deer home using just a kisser button and placing the string on my nose..

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I'm sold...

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Unk...I was thinking that it would make a difference especially for an Extreme novice! I wanted to get other opinions though from wise and knowledgable group....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Where you'll really see a difference is when you are shooting from odd angles like a steep shot from a treestand. A string peep, or a device like the anchor site or timberline no-peep will help make sure your where your supposed to be. Shooting without either is'nt hard to do reasonably well on flat ground.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so I think when I get the bow tuned for me, I'll have a peep installed. Does anyone have an opinion of the sights designed for shooting from a tree stand? Don't know the technical name, but they are designed to swivel and automatically adjust the aimpoint for the angle.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
That would be a pedulum sight. They do work, and the faster the bow the more distance you can get out of them. The only drawback (to me) is most of them are a single pin, and not much fun to only have one pin if you get into 3D or similar target shooting.

·
23,094 Posts
Ok so I think when I get the bow tuned for me, I'll have a peep installed. Does anyone have an opinion of the sights designed for shooting from a tree stand? Don't know the technical name, but they are designed to swivel and automatically adjust the aimpoint for the angle.

:zip:= :wink:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Hi Unk! May I suggest you search for the nite hawk peep. No many people know about it but there is a new video on the nite hawk archery web site that you will surely find interesting.

·
SMOKE-N-FINN
1,228 Posts
Best thing I ever did was get rid of my peep and get an Anchor Sight, not even a comparison in low light situations, and speed of target accusition.

·
Registered
15,964 Posts
I currently do not have a peep served into my bow...Does it make that much difference in hunting accuracy? Comparing to a rifle...I am looking for minute of deer not 1 MOA...
One of the owners of my local archery shops shoots without a peep. He's good at spots and 3d but he wounds alot of animals. His hits are high or low always. Not saying thats the case for everyone but I can see where a peep keeps you inline with less error.

Norm

·
Registered
645 Posts
One of the owners of my local archery shops shoots without a peep. He's good at spots and 3d but he wounds alot of animals. His hits are high or low always. Not saying thats the case for everyone but I can see where a peep keeps you inline with less error.

Norm
Thats not really justification for any decision. I unfortunatly know of a fewl hunters that have wounded animals on a regular basis. Anyone can kill a target, put hair on it and it is a whooooole different ball game.

I have 7 months until I shoot at anything with hair on it. I am going to try a no peep.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I shoot without a peep, but use an IQ sight. When you first set up a peepless system, like the IQ, you have to do it with a consistent anchor and it is really difficult to do exactly the same every time. I do not think I would shoot without a peep without using something like an IQ, Timberline, No peep, Hindsight or SABO sight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts