Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot a Bowtech Tomkat 63# 28" w/ 27.5 Easton Axis 400 w/ blazers. I have paper tuned and walk back tuned etc. and it all checks out. When I put my G5 strikers on today they shot about 1 - 2" to the left. Could the nock point have slid a bit. Its been a month since i paper tuned and it was a new bow when i did this..so could the nock point have moved or should i just adjust my sights...It was the same at 20, 30, and 40 yrds, about 1-2" left..Is this a tuning issue or a planing issue? Should i give the rest a little bump? Thanks guys and sorry about the repetitive question...Im VERY anal about tuning...and im tryin to learn to do it like the best of them..so any advice is a plus

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It sounds like the arrow is coming off slightly tail right your yoke may have creep a little which would change the idler orientation in return moveing the string position relative to the rest. That would explain the tail right situation and broadheads hitting left of field points. The reason it is off about the same amount at different distances is because the arrow is starting off slightly tail right and the broadhead planes a short distance, but the vanes are correcting the arrow and straightening to stop the planeing at which point it will no longer deviate from the line of sight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts