Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all of the excellent bows on the market today it's mystifying to me that I cannot find one that I consider to be more than an okay fit. While every brand seems to shoot well and each has it's own advantage over it's competitor, there isn't one that will do it all.
With that said, I like my Bowtech and have not had one bit of trouble; however, with all the negative talk in reference to limbs, it starts to make a guy wonder. You pay top of the line price for a bow that undoubtedly is a great shooter but has this limb issue and for no reason that I have been able to come up with. Why have a top of the line bow with all the innovations and performance as a Bowtech and then handicap it with it's limbs? Like the old saying goes, "A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link." So, since bowtech has perfected most every other aspect of their bows, why not the limbs?
As everyone knew already, Elite proved the idea of replacing the lesser limbs with a quality lambinated limb. Now the consumer has the innovation of the binary system without the handicap of the weak link. Question is, will the '07 Elite be such an animal as the present or should a guy scramble to snatch up any '06 he can get his paws on?
Anyone who spends anytime at all on this forum can easily sense the negative vibes that are hovering around the Bowtech name with all credit belonging to their limbs. Some refuge is to be had in the good name of their warranty department but at the same time the existing problem starts to put a doubt in the mind and you slowly begin to lose respect for the bow.
There are some who say that the limbs are not a concern and nothings wrong with that but why not allow the consumer the option of a better limb? Personally, the added cost would be justifiable. The idea even came to mind to take it upon myself to buy lambinated limbs but then one must be able to validate in their own mind why that should even be necassary after paying full market price for the bow in the first place?
Maybe '07 has better things in store, maybe not. Maybe Bowtech will have a lambinated split limb or maybe Elite will have lost their edge and the '06s will turn out to have been Elite's muscle cars. Maybe Hoyt will lose a pound and go to binaries and we'll have the best of both worlds. Or maybe another Oneida is in store to replace the one from years ago as it seems to me nothing has quite come close to what it already was years ago.
Ohh, time to wake up....:sleep:

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
First off....this is gonna get ugly fast.

If Hoyt goes to a binary type cam I will be pissed. If you want a bow to do it all then get an Ultra Tec.

·
Banned
910 Posts
ya..an ultratec unless you have a real long draw length, than go with a protec. best resale value as well. With Bowtech requiring to pay Darlington royalties for the so called binary and (Darton)stating they are coming out with a 2 and half cam....It would suprise me if Hoyt has another cam and or cable set up in '07.

these bows with the radical vertical limbs which Mathews started making and everybody is copying today arent usually shot by the pro Mathews mercinaries...those guys are shooting bows like the Apex which has a more traditional limb geometry design and longer axle to axle length.

If you want a bow to be used almost exlusively for hunting the switchbacks or the trykon or the elite's style bow has advantages in noise/vibration and shortness for tree stand /blind manuverabilty...but if you want a real shooting bow that you can hunt with as well...get something in the 37" + axle to axle length or more and at least 7" brace height and a cam that has a couple inches of draw adjustabilty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts