Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is the opinion of everyone on this subject since all the arrows i have bought so far dont have wraps but i see a lot of people choose to use them. Whats your opinion. Thanks

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I dont think the weight makes any difference.Your talking a few grains.Depends how often you refletch.Wraps make it easier to remove fletching.plus you can get custom ones made.I use wraps on all my arrows

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
always /a little more KE and greatly improver Fletch adhesion plus more visible in flight

·
Registered
266 Posts
I wrap all my arrows, makes life much easier. Try cleaning glue from a woven arrow, it ain't easy. The added weight is a none issue for me.

·
Registered
566 Posts
its all according on if you're an ordinary person or a different kind of person... someone that likes to add color or match your bow ect.... i personally love them and think they make a person and his items stand out. thats just my opinion

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I prefer to wrap! Mostly for cosmetic reasons, but I also like the fact that I can remove the wrap and the fletching comes off with it making for easy refletching. It is strickly a personal preferance either way.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Please tell me how fletchings are easier to remove from wraps? How do you remove them unless you scrape them off with a sharp blade?

Doug

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah i agree with looking bad a**, thats why i was asking.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Please tell me how fletchings are easier to remove from wraps? How do you remove them unless you scrape them off with a sharp blade?

Doug
I get a pot of water almost boiling and dip the wrapped end of the shaft in the hot water for a few seconds then peel the wrap off with the fleching still attached starting at the seam. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What are good wraps?? I dont know of any other company except blazer, what else??

1 - 20 of 51 Posts