Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of FOB's and received them last week. I had never shot them but heard lots of good things and decided to give them a try. Today was my first time at the range with them. I started shooting my regular fletched arrows first and was getting decent groups at a 45 yard target. Time to try the fobs on the same arrows as the fletched ones. In the first 3 shots with FOBS I busted 2 of them! I had about a 1 inch group at 45 yards. Now I know why they say not to shoot groups with FOB's. I found them to be more accurate for sure.

P.S. Paul, no problem with clearance on the guide series Drop Zone like you said I might experience. Didn't bother my face either.

·
Shade Tree Bow Technician
1,610 Posts
Welcome

Let me be the first to welcome you to the growing list of FOB shooters. Shooting groups is fun, but you might wanna watch it. Arrows get expensive these days.:teeth::teeth:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome to the Nation! Every time another shooter switches to fobs, it ensures Paul will be in business longer which means I will never have to switch back! :shade:

·
Registered
438 Posts
What are FOB'1 and do you have a link where I can buy some. Willing to try anything!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
FOBs are a style of fletching
They are a small circuler looking fletch, that is held on by your nock.
FOBs are shorter, which reduces the wind drift you'll have.
Only thing is you'll need to have for them too work is a drop away. and a d-loop i believe

·
Registered
848 Posts
Got some from a friend yesterday .Thanks jd5string. Well shot them tonight at first that were alittle bothersome 'cause I had to geet use to the fob against my cheek. Couldn't feel kisser button but with the fob don't know if I'll need any more. As far as grouping I'm not the brave

My name is Roger and I'm a fob-oholic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts