Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Bushnell Trail Sentry Cam and I've had it set up twice, both times it takes pictures non-stop when nothing is in front of it, I mean like 600 + pics in 1 1/2 days and not a single animal in the pics? I'm probably doing something wrong so before I called Bushnell I'd figured I'd ask you fellas if you had any ideas. I've got a Stealth and it doesn't do it so what could it be??

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?? All I can guess is that the weeds and such blowing is setting it off but I thought they sensed heat not just movement?

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
22,581 Posts
The PIR Sensors

Anyone?? All I can guess is that the weeds and such blowing is setting it off but I thought they sensed heat not just movement?
on these cams are typically NOT sensative enough for simple blowing weeds. but if it is placefacing dirct due east or west the sun coul dbe triggering it as it rises and falls. If if set on a tree with an overhanging branch out in front, that could also be the culprit. Finally, if any of the toerlanes are off even just a bit, it could throw the sensativity out of whack. If it doesn'e apper to be any of the "set-up" issues, and the cam is still under warranty, I'd send it back an dtry another or different model.

Joe

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, turned out it was indeed a branch in front of it causing it to trigger. I repositioned it and it's much better. Thanks again :thumbs_up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts