Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this cam lean look too extreme or just a little? I got the center shot done today, but have not paper tuned it to see if it has any left or right tears in the paper.

If it does look too extreme, since it is an obsession phoenix and I cannot twist yokes, should I just get new limbs under warranty?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
So, you haven't shot the bow yet and want to know if you should get new limbs under warranty????

Shoot the bow and don't try to fix something that ain't broke.

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
A little cam lean at rest isn't a bad thing at all. It will more than likely be a non-issue at full draw. Most binary cam's have a little came lean at rest and it's usually not a factor at all on how they tune and shoot. Shoot it and love it.

·
Registered
24,952 Posts
I would keep tuning it and see if the issue exists first.

·
Registered
911 Posts
no matter how hard i try, i can not even pick out lean in those pictures.

plain and simple, there is little there either way. you cant judge what is too much or too little until its shot and tuned... no binary, hybrid, or dual cam bow has NO cam lean. they will have at least a little at brace or at draw, or both.

dont worry about fixing things before you even attempt to tune it. enjoy your bow.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh no, I have shot the bow and it shot great!.. I didn't shoot bare shafts or paper tune.. I shot fully fletched arrows and was hitting arrows right next to each other. I was just concerned about too much cam lean that's all.. If a little cam lean like this is fine, then I'll keep it! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't extreme and that I should get it fixed that's all!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
no matter how hard i try, i can not even pick out lean in those pictures.

plain and simple, there is little there either way. you cant judge what is too much or too little until its shot and tuned... no binary, hybrid, or dual cam bow has NO cam lean. they will have at least a little at brace or at draw, or both.

dont worry about fixing things before you even attempt to tune it. enjoy your bow.
Beat me to it

·
(aka lug nut)
49,611 Posts
Does this cam lean look too extreme or just a little? I got the center shot done today, but have not paper tuned it to see if it has any left or right tears in the paper.

If it does look too extreme, since it is an obsession phoenix and I cannot twist yokes, should I just get new limbs under warranty?
That is ONE DEGREE of lean,
IF and ONLY IF you are using a tripod, a Quality DSLR lens
and ONLY if you are using a rail for the lens.

You will get keystone effects if the lens and the cam are not exactly at 90 degrees.

So,
if the camera lens is aimed PERFECTLY,
that is 1-degree of lean.

For that style of binary cam system,
1-degree of lean is REALLY good, for static.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh wow okay, thank you! Hey, I rather all of y'all tell me you don't see any lean and all that than say I have a bunch of it!

·
(aka lug nut)
49,611 Posts
Oh wow okay, thank you! Hey, I rather all of y'all tell me you don't see any lean and all that than say I have a bunch of it!
The TINY TINY itsy bitsy amount of lean I measured,
is PARTLY camera lens distortion and errors in how you pointed the camera.

The camera would have needed to be on a test stand
and the alignment of the lens would need to be confirmed at DEAD on 90 degrees to the top axle
for my measurement to be accurate, and not due to lens alignment distortion.

Sooo
if you figure pointing error for your lens,
you MIGHT be seeing 1/2 of 1 degree of lean.

THAT is REALLY REALLY GOOD.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The TINY TINY itsy bitsy amount of lean I measured,
is PARTLY camera lens distortion and errors in how you pointed the camera.

The camera would have needed to be on a test stand
and the alignment of the lens would need to be confirmed at DEAD on 90 degrees to the top axle
for my measurement to be accurate, and not due to lens alignment distortion.

Sooo
if you figure pointing error for your lens,
you MIGHT be seeing 1/2 of 1 degree of lean.

THAT is REALLY REALLY GOOD.

Awesome! Thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts