Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting into punching paper indoors. I have met some really good shooters, and a one really big dude (NFL lineman big) who laughed at me when I told him I was intending to shoot at 70lbs. (just have my 82nd Airborne, my current hunting setup right now). He told me he was pulling 43lbs.?? New to the style, but 43lbs. seems awful light. Seemed to be credible though as this guy was a giant. Anyone with any experience here please "weigh in" no pun intended...:darkbeer:

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
It seems that the sweet spot in terms of draw weight for indoors these days is between 50 and 53...
However, some still opt to shoot the maximum allowed weight (usually #60).

However, you need to keep an eye on holding weight as well.
The guy that shoots #43 might have 55% let off cams.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Never shot indoors. But most of the guys that I know who do on a regular basis shoot rigs in the 50lb range.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Ou shoot alot of arrows in one round of indoor! You may be able to handle it but you should do your shoulder a favor & get a diff bow with some 60# limbs!

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
indoor

There is one big factor to remember when shooting indoors..... its 20 yards, so you already know the yardage and you will be shooting 30 or 60 times depending on what type of game you are shooting (Vegas 3-spot or 5-spot)

Speed needs nothing

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is one big factor to remember when shooting indoors..... its 20 yards, so you already know the yardage and you will be shooting 30 or 60 times depending on what type of game you are shooting (Vegas 3-spot or 5-spot)

Speed needs nothing

That sounds like a lot of fun. If its always 20 yards, man I could KILL at that game, and shooting 30-60 times won't be a problem -- I shoot a hundred or more a day at 60#.

How big is the target ?

·
Registered
322 Posts
That sounds like a lot of fun. If its always 20 yards, man I could KILL at that game, and shooting 30-60 times won't be a problem -- I shoot a hundred or more a day at 60#.

How big is the target ?
the 10 ring is about the size if a quarter and the X ring is about a dime in size.
Unless your shooting FITA then the 10 ring shrinks to a dime and it gets tough for compounds.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Just getting into punching paper indoors. I have met some really good shooters, and a one really big dude (NFL lineman big) who laughed at me when I told him I was intending to shoot at 70lbs. (just have my 82nd Airborne, my current hunting setup right now). He told me he was pulling 43lbs.?? New to the style, but 43lbs. seems awful light. Seemed to be credible though as this guy was a giant. Anyone with any experience here please "weigh in" no pun intended...:darkbeer:
Draw weight for shooting target bows really depends on the shooter. The majority of guys shooting indoors will fall in the 45-55 pound range for draw weight. Holding weight is really the more important factor.

I personally shoot my indoor bow at 52 pounds and its 65 percent letoff.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just shoot 52lbs indoor and sometimes I do field archery.6 arrows each time for 2 hours is all I need twice a week.And the max weight for compound bows in Japan indoor is 60lbs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts