Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes: I am not certain how it will come out, but the owner said he had a minimum charge of $50 for anything and then suggested that with all the work of bead blasting and taping off a couple areas he would want about
$70, maybe more, so I informed him of the different people here that had local powdercoaters doing it for $45 to $60 and he didn't think that was enough money, but I got him down to $65. I even suggested that I was in no hurry and not to fire up the oven just for my riser, but to wait until he had something big going in...that was what he was already planning so that didn't save me much either.
I guess Vermont is not the place to get any deal on Powdercoating. I am a little worried now how it will come out. Maybe I should start experimenting with a Dura-coat paint kit and be prepared to do it over with that.....
OH Man what have I done?:doh:

· Registered
260 Posts
Thought about doing that to my guardian riser also. I know when i was racing moto-x my brother and i wrecked the kitchen stove by doing a do it your self poweder coat you can buy at the local automotive store.

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
...my brother and i wrecked the kitchen stove by doing a do it your self poweder coat you can buy at the local automotive store.
Makes a Sharpie look alot less expensive and attractive.;)

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I plan to powder coat one of my bows white! hope it comes out good!

· Registered
802 Posts
:rolleyes: I am not certain how it will come out, but the owner said he had a minimum charge of $50 for anything and then suggested that with all the work of bead blasting and taping off a couple areas he would want about
$70, maybe more, so I informed him of the different people here that had local powdercoaters doing it for $45 to $60 and he didn't think that was enough money, but I got him down to $65. I even suggested that I was in no hurry and not to fire up the oven just for my riser, but to wait until he had something big going in...that was what he was already planning so that didn't save me much either.
I guess Vermont is not the place to get any deal on Powdercoating. I am a little worried now how it will come out. Maybe I should start experimenting with a Dura-coat paint kit and be prepared to do it over with that.....
OH Man what have I done?:doh:

I just had my bow done by K&A Coatings. It cost a little more, but well worth it. I used a prismatic paint which is about 3 times more expensive than the normal paint. If you are worried about your bow, talk to Kevin at K&A, he will make it "pretty":smile:

· Registered
974 Posts
always nice to support local businesses as well

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You even read what I wrote, I was comparing this price to what several others here on AT paid for their bows to be coated at their local shops.... I saw pictures of the ones they had done and they looked very good, I now have my doubts how well this dude is going to do since he didn't sound like he even wanted my business.
I think I am going to call the guy and have him just beadblast it and go pick it back up, then get this Durcoat kit everyone has been talking about and paint it,.... yup good idea!

· Registered
2,950 Posts
I know in my shop it would cost at least 30.00 just for the blasting. It uses a HUGE amount of air($$$$$).

Not trying to be a jerk but there is a reason alot of shops dont want to deal with hobby type stuff.

· Registered
55,468 Posts
You even read what I wrote, I was comparing this price to what several others here on AT paid for their bows to be coated at their local shops.... I saw pictures of the ones they had done and they looked very good, I now have my doubts how well this dude is going to do since he didn't sound like he even wanted my business.
I think I am going to call the guy and have him just beadblast it and go pick it back up, then get this Durcoat kit everyone has been talking about and paint it,.... yup good idea!
I have to agree if you want it done this is the guys price, you tried to get it lower he did that but it's a business and his cost doesn't mean Joe blow somewhere else costs are the same or does the same work. Have you seen any of this guys work?????? I would have before committing to him. Do the paint job yourself-----I'm here to tell you don't, if your going to do it do it right, home kits are not going to last and then you have double expense. Sorry but it sounds like you jumped on a band wagon with out researching first. You have it there now leave it and get it done.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.