Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's have it.

Describe the occasion surrounding the time your archery shop made you feel as if you were the most important customer he'd ever had?

If you can't think of one single incident... what makes you a loyal customer to the shop you frequent? Is it just proximity, or price? Or are there "value-adds" that particular shop does or offers that keeps you coming back?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Shooters edge in Tucson (Ray retired no longer open:cry:) Anyhow bought a bow from him a Hoyt trykon anyhow he asked me if I could be back in a couple of hours I told him I had to get back home 70 miles away and he said no problem after I'm done with it I will deliver it to you he asked for a good time to meet me I told him 630. Sure enough around 630 he called I met him and he had a customer for life I don't care what anyone says that is customer service. It was a shame to see him to close up shop and retire! One last note when he closed up shop Bowtech lost one of the best pro shops in the buiseness I don't how many folks know but Ray had the Amendment he made several of them with Bowtechs blessing.... And man could he tune a bow too and made some of the best strings in the buisness as well. I'm going to stop I'm depressed!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Boyd Mathes at Buck Hollow sports. Whatever you need he gets, if he dont have it on hand he will get it. No trying to talk you into something that he has in stock or needs to sell. He is in the shop all hours of the day and will open up the shop even on his days off for people. There are MANY people in the state that will travel 100 miles to Boyds shop and those same people will pass by 4 shops on the way!!! There are people in the shop ALL the time. Its not odd to head over on a Tuesday afternoon at 1:00pm and have 5 people in the shop!!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
CENTER SPORTS IN COLUMBIA, CT.--- Bill the archery manager goes out of his way to help people with their bows and shooting. He treats you like he has known you forever and will put in the time to make sure you are happy.

·
Premium Member
8,546 Posts
Two shops come to my mind .....

Lancaster Archery and The Bow Shop in Kitchener, Ontario ..... both have great service, great selection, and the best folks in the industry. :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
SWORD!!! Those 2 fellas give you a good expirence every time that you deal woth them!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Also if you are ever in the Dubuque Iowa area and want to check out one of the BEST bow techs in the state, look up WESTSIDE ARCHERY! You will always get honest answers and a great deal with Steve at Westside. And he is a Bow Tech Dealer along with a lot of other top archery products. The guy will tellyou the way it is even if it's not what you want to hear. GREAT SHOP, I have never shot better in my life after I left his shop. I wish that I could have started out there years ago.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have had really good luck with archeryheadquarters in Rochester, MN. These guys make you feel welcome even as a new guy. They will make you feel comfortable to ask questions if you are new to the sport and will make you feel like you should stop in just to say hi and see what is new in the world.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Jimbow's Archery in Astroville. By far the best shop for service I have ever been to. Jim and Pat are very knowedgeable and will help you out every step of the way.

I had trouble getting my bow to tune when I first picked it up. Jim spent a couple of hours with me on his range, just shooting and tweaking, shooting and tweakin, until it was in the groove.

I have found that you may be able find some bows a tiny bit cheaper(and I say my, because most of it is the same price) else where, but the putting all the stuff on the bow, setting it up and helping tune it, far out weigh the $25 savings.

They have been there for me and I would buy from them over and over.

JDoupe

705-752-5853 www.jimbowsarchery.net

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Mega Sports in Farmington Mo,Great bunch of guys that are always willing to help and has a great full line archery dept,mathews,fred bear,bt,pse and hoyt bows with a techno hunt....Teds Archery in Dexter Mo...Full line Darton dealer thats a great place to deal with and knows his stuff when it comes to Darton...always willing to help,be it in person or over the phone.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sportsmans Emporium, Morgantown WV.. Mike Shey the owner has been great to my kids and has helped me introduce them to the great sport of archery. They both love it and will carry the tradition on to there children some day and that is what it is all about.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've had very good luck with The Outdoorsman in Fargo. I trust those guys far more than people at big box stores to work on my bow. They are also very fair in price.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Viscosity Bowstrings. I spoke with Brian Visco on a Sunday. He's somewhere near Boston. Less than 4 days later my new strings arrived in my mailbox, which is in Kansas.

·
IS IT BOW SEASON YET
1,913 Posts
Archers & Anglers of Everett Pa Ower was Tom Woods had his own hunting and fishing show with James Best (Rosco off of The Dukes) now he shut down...so now my new favorite shop is Lancaster Archery just down to earth people and great to work with.

·
Registered
739 Posts
GMAC archery in Canterbury, NH. I have gone to many bow shops and all they would want to do is sell you the bow. after the sale the service at the other shops was subpar to say the least. Bill at GMAC is one great guy. awesome pricing, superior customer service. he will not sell you a bow unless you shoot it and are comfortable with it. He has great accessories in stock and can get you pretty much anything his dealers carry if he does not have it. He also makes awesome ethafoam targets. he carries anything from a weasel up to an elk with good pricing. all around great guy with superior customer service.

·
>>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
Country Archery in Casey, Illinois. Don Stout is the owner and he is a Bowtech/Diamond and Martin Dealer. His Customer Service is one of the best. We have customers come from miles away to shop there. If you're ever in the area check out Country Archery. :thumb:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Big Al's Archery in Seabrook NH.

It's owned by Danny and Geoff, and run by a huge black lab named Gunner. When my friend was looking for his first bow, we went there and told the owner what we were up to and what his budget was. He spent about a forty five minutes fitting my friend, going over the basics of proper form etc. Then he told him pretty much flat out that most of the bows currently in stock were either too high end or too entry level for his price range. He made some recommendations and offered to order any of them, but said if you find one somewhere else today (big box store) bring it back and we'll help you set it up right. It's rare to find a shop that would rather see you get whats right from someone else than SELL you something good enough.

:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Archery Shack

Archery Shack in Jefferson City Mo. They recently warrented a bow for me. It was an 01' PSE Quantum that the limbs were starting to splinter. They gave me a brand new 08' Mossy Oak X in exchange. Kudos to them and PSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that's what I call customer service.
Dan

1 - 20 of 77 Posts