Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Civil but Disobedient
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for those of us that do not want to, or cannot, spring $600 for a pair of limbs. The $350 price range should be high enough to include most low to moderate level carbons. What do you say? What are your top 5 moderately priced ILF limbs (under $350)? What are the best limb values out there: performance for the dollar?

· Registered
3,200 Posts
1.pre-owned winex..2. pre-owned samick extremes...3. new winacts...4. heard a lot of good things about the sebastian flutes but haven't used them...5. pre-owned pse xpressions.....

· Registered
555 Posts
Samick Masters news in shop here in Spain 352$ (276€)

· Civil but Disobedient
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bduplin's thread on "5 top limbs if money is no object" is getting a lot of action. I started this thread as a response so that the "common man", who does not have the chance to shoot high end limbs, could voice their opinion and provide guidance and leadership to the money challenge majority out there. Also welcome are high end limb shooters who know what a good limb feels like -- and have opinions on moderately priced limbs.

$600 a set -- I wish!!! Maybe if I could just buy the upper for $300 and pair it with a TREX lower. What do you say? If you cannot name five, tell me what you have shot that you like and not like and why.

Currently, I am stringwalking with a set of PSE Pro Elites on a Best Moon Arco Nudo and really like them. They are smooth and produce good velocity even at my longest string crawl. This is my indoor bow. I am breaking in an outdoor setup and probably will need a new set of limbs once I figure out the draw weight that I am most comfortable with at long distance.

· Registered
325 Posts
Sebastian Flute Carbon Foam limbs are without a doubt the best deal for the buck. The old model was great and Alt. has some on sale for $133! I haven't shot the new model but I am sure they will preform much better than the price tag suggests.

· Registered
38,292 Posts
Sebastian Flute Carbon Foam limbs are without a doubt the best deal for the buck. The old model was great and Alt. has some on sale for $133! I haven't shot the new model but I am sure they will preform much better than the price tag suggests.
That sounds like a great deal. Too bad their aren't any left that are 30 pounds or over, sigh...

· Registered
3,200 Posts
Hank...pse pro-elites are rebranded winacts....excellent limbs for the money....has won olympic medals and longest surviving limbs in the win & win line-up....PS...i got new winacts last nov for only about $260 IIRC...

· Registered
841 Posts
S. Flute

I recently bought some Flute GSF from Alt. I really like them. I am a weekend warrior not an elite but they do shoot very well for me and at a price that anyone can go with. around 175. Gar.

· Registered
143 Posts
I also am just a weekend warrior, but can say I recently purchased a used set of Samick Masters and think they perform equaly well to the Winex's I had. and the feel is better IMO. nothing against Winex, they were incredible limbs but Masters can be found for less.

· Registered
3,200 Posts
IMHO it is better to get pre-owned top of the line limbs than brand new mid-range ones.....

· Civil but Disobedient
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After carefully considering all the input above, I made my choice:

Border CXB 36# at $353

(Nevermind that shipping was another $68 so it definitely did not end up in the $350 range).

These limbs were not mentioned by anyone -- oh, well.

· Registered
882 Posts
i love the pro eliets!! im tryn to find a pair for my backup, after that id look at used winexes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.