Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard the sims S and X-coils are among the best sellers in my area. The X-coil must be the most popular since i only find 1 or 2 S-coils sitting around and all the X-coils are gone. I like how the X-coil looks but its $5 more than the S and im a very cheap guy, the S-coil is not my style in looks but its cheaper than the X. Well wich one is better though? i dont really like the lack of length and weight these 2 stabs offer but they must dampen vibration alot if there selling non stop that i barley find any of em anywere! I need to dampen my bow if i expect to take game at further distances and i dont want them jumping the string when they hear my bow firing. Sims S and X-coils are the cheapest stabs i can also find at my local gander but then again the gander i go to barley has any stabs for sale.
What are some better performing stabs out there for cheap?

Also need a smaller quiver but 20-50 bucks for a small 3-4 arrow quiver is too much im not a fancy guy for equipment. I found a carbon express 4 arrow quiver for $12 but the plastic on the quiver is pretty flimsy wich i think could break in half on me or add unwanted vibration. I found a 4 arrow quiver that was small sturdy and a cheap one, i have seen it online, its made by i think it was the Co. called Jus N Nuff or something. either way the quiver was broken off a crossbow they were selling at fleet farm so i was pretty upset that they do not sell those quivers sepreate for compounds the quiver was cheap online and when i held it, it was way more sturdy and more durable than the carbon express one. Were can i find cheap Quivers and what are some cheap but good 3-4 arrow quivers out there?

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
I use Posten Stabilizers. He's a Sponser on here. I use a 10" Slim Jimzz. Lots of quivers for sale on here and most people will work a deal with you.

Welcome to Archertalk :)

·
Registered
21,475 Posts
Heard that some of the guys on here are getting the Doinker DISH for around $65. Doinker is the leader in sound and vibration control.

You can get some great deals in the classifieds here on AT on Doinkers as well as other top stabilizers.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Doinker mini A bomb is the best stab for the money, I got one for 16 bucks at gander. And quivers, I would get a kwikee quiver for starts, they are very nice for the price and they are built very well for all the more they cost

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doinker mini A bomb is the best stab for the money, I got one for 16 bucks at gander. And quivers, I would get a kwikee quiver for starts, they are very nice for the price and they are built very well for all the more they cost
the qwikee quiver is great but too much to me id rather get a chepo brand that is built just as solid or more solid than the qwikee the only thing i seen in the qwikee is it looks nicer

the cheapo i wanted but they didnt sell seperatley was a bit bigger than the qwikee and was not as slim looking but i liked that the foam to hole the points and broadheads was made of a hard rubber, to me that screams no more torn up foam from broadheads plus it also works as a broadhead screw

as for stabilizers go i think the sims S or X-coil is my best bet the doinker bomb thing is 16 bucks just for a add on...

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
ttt

Stokerized 6" hunter about $68.00 just over 4oz's. Plus you can add aluminum or stainless steel weights if you want to. alum. 3/4oz, ss 2oz. Awsome at vibration dampening.

·
Registered
297 Posts
the qwikee quiver is great but too much to me id rather get a chepo brand that is built just as solid or more solid than the qwikee the only thing i seen in the qwikee is it looks nicer

the cheapo i wanted but they didnt sell seperatley was a bit bigger than the qwikee and was not as slim looking but i liked that the foam to hole the points and broadheads was made of a hard rubber, to me that screams no more torn up foam from broadheads plus it also works as a broadhead screw

as for stabilizers go i think the sims S or X-coil is my best bet the doinker bomb thing is 16 bucks just for a add on...
The qwikee is actually very reliable and costs very little in comparison to any other reputable brands and also the sims stabs dont really stabilize much they are more or less to reduce vibration or to some for looks. It may seem like a lot to spend to you but #1 you can look on classifieds here and find way better items for very little and #2 you have to sacrifice cost in some circumstances in order to get something that will outlast and outperform the cheapo version...its better u pay more now versus paying later when you don't get the deer you wanted due to a problem..just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The qwikee is actually very reliable and costs very little in comparison to any other reputable brands and also the sims stabs dont really stabilize much they are more or less to reduce vibration or to some for looks. It may seem like a lot to spend to you but #1 you can look on classifieds here and find way better items for very little and #2 you have to sacrifice cost in some circumstances in order to get something that will outlast and outperform the cheapo version...its better u pay more now versus paying later when you don't get the deer you wanted due to a problem..just my 2 cents!
i know a thing or two about cheap versus exspensive... the cheapo i found i can feel it in my hands it was more sturdy than the qwikee quiver and the plastic was harder but one thing for sure i think it could shatter easyer than the qwikee because its harder and the qwikee has more flex. one thing for sure i dont think something that bad will happen since i take care of my stuff...

im looking for more vibration control rather than actual bow stabilization since i dont want the deer jumping the string because of my loud bow and i already have wisker string silencers and some limbsavers with the old X-ring hydraulic stab and i think its the stab that needs changing.....

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
I hate to come off as rude, but................Seems to me that you are just looking for something cheap as opposed to quality. People are suggesting quality products that are not that expensive. You are the one who keeps using the "cheap" word. Cheap products are usually cheap for a reason, their lack of quality. The Quikee quiver can be found for about $22. I don't know how much cheaper you can get a quality quiver for. The S and X coil are about the cheapest stabs you are going to find that will work. Good luck on your quest for cheap gear.

·
Registered
40 Posts
"the cheapo i wanted but they didnt sell seperatley was a bit bigger than the qwikee and was not as slim looking but i liked that the foam to hole the points and broadheads was made of a hard rubber, to me that screams no more torn up foam from broadheads plus it also works as a broadhead screw"

I wouldn't go using my quiver as a broadhead wrench. Quivers dull the blades bad enough w/ out purposely grinding the blades into the quiver medium just to tighten them. Your s/n says it all, please listen to these veteran hunters and hopefully you will not be flinging arrows all over the woods wounding animals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts