Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Iluvatar,
I shot at the THE Archery Club 3D shoot in Topeka on Saturday. How did you do? How did you like the mud on the course? I didn't do so well. (265) The cold weather during the morning was throwing me off a little. I was shooting the arrows (340's) I bought when I bought my bow last year and they don't fly worth a darn for me. The swirl and kick in flight. I actually got one of my five 10's because just as I was about to release the arrow I remembered how they sometimes like to corkscrew through the air and I moved my point of aim a about 3 inch's from center. I just started 3D last year right before Deer season. Prior to that I had shot two courses with my longbow in 05. I use a $34 Wally World Tru-Glow 3 pin sight. (I got a Buck and a Doe this year) I plan to invest in a better sight this year with .19/.10 pins.

I will be at Council Groove this Sunday to shoot in the 3D course by the lake. I will be shooting my older arrows (400's) at this match. They fly much better for me.

Mouse
Ranger...Lead the Way!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I'll be there this Sunday unless the weather man is right about the rain coming in. :cry:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will also be there this Sunday. I shot last Saturday, too. It was muddy but not near as muddy as Tri-County the week before. That was SLOPPY after the big, big rains in the days prior. I shot a 325 last Saturday. Was doing real well the first half, but started the second half with a Zero and followed with several 5's. Totally fell apart.:sad: Look to redeem myself Sunday!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts