Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting my Trykon XL with our any grip but the bow still torque easily. I shoot with finger sling and do NOT grip/hold the bow at full draw).

Before the Trykon, I was shooting Ultraelite 2004 without grip and it show well(ie without any torquing problem).

Is there a grip that I can add to the Trykon to eliminate the torque? If yes, who should I contact?

Thanks.

Happy Shooting.

NPK

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

ttt

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I love my one's made by Bob Lambeth the are awsome the just melt into my hand.Just PM him.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Personally, I do not believe there is such a thing as a torque-free grip. Yes they say that but the ones I've tried do not work.

OX

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I have let alot of people try mine on my V-tec and everyone likes them. Of course it just might be they way you are holding your bow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
npk said:
I have been shooting my Trykon XL with our any grip but the bow still torque easily. I shoot with finger sling and do NOT grip/hold the bow at full draw).

Before the Trykon, I was shooting Ultraelite 2004 without grip and it show well(ie without any torquing problem).

Is there a grip that I can add to the Trykon to eliminate the torque? If yes, who should I contact?

Thanks.

Happy Shooting.

NPK
NPK, The best grips that I have ever used have been the ones made by James Loesch at Loesch Enterprises. I have used them for years. I would recommend the Dymond Wood side plates. That's what I use on my Trykon. I think their email address is: www.bowgrips.com. Hope this helps you!

Keith:darkbeer:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wrong word

Guess the word "torque-free" is a wrong word here.

All grip will torque, depends how it is held.

I hope to look for a grip that I can add to my trykon to "minimize" the torque.

As said, I am already shooting without side-plates and yet I find the riser a bit thicker than the 04 Ultraelite.

NPK

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If the thickness of the riser is your issue, adding any sort of grip will only serve to thicken it beyond it's current thickness. I would work with what you have now and try to get rid of your torqueing issues through practice....and possibly a slightly longer finger sling.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Oxford said:
Personally, I do not believe there is such a thing as a torque-free grip. Yes they say that but the ones I've tried do not work.

OX

Ditto. I tried the stock grip, no grip, and the side panels on my Trykon . I cannot shoot the Trykon without torqueing the bow. It has done a job on the mental part of my shooting. I am a wreck now :cry: :confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do you shoot bare handed, if so try using a cotton glove this will help your torgueing problem as the bow will settle in the hand pocket. Try this to get the feel then go back to bare hand.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A "rounded" grip

I noticed that the riser(ie. with no grip or side plates) is pretty "square" or "flat" where the riser contact the palm. This could be the reason that this this bow torque easier than my previous 2004 Ultraelite.

Is there a grip that I can add to "cut-down" the flat/square contact area?

NPK

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Trykon XL is 65%

NPK

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
There is a grip that is 100% torque free

We guarantee a torque free grip. Five stainless steel, sealed, precision ball bearings make sure of that. Our grip is 100% torque free. Not only that it dresses up your bow too. It’s new and it’s great!! You will love it.
go to
www.vanhandle.net
and check it out for yourself.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VanHandle

How much reduction of Draw length will this handle cause? I believe the "grip" is quite thick.

NPK

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
npk

There will be a 1/2" reduction in draw length. It is very difficult to notice any change at all because of the physics of the grip. I am not aware of any body actually changing the draw length of their set up to accommodate the reduction. Even though you could actually pick up the extra 4 to 6 feet per second if you really wanted the extra speed. Most people are just happy with their new found accuracy and consistency.
John
www.vanhandle.net

1 - 16 of 16 Posts