Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new site it is a black gold flashpoint and has a leveling bubble in the site. As I shot from a tree stand bending at the waist the bubble shifts way over to one side. It dosen't seem like the bow is moving in my hand but that bubble sure isn't in the middle. Is this a torque problem I never knew I had or are the level bubbles in these sites not all that great when shooting at angles. Thanks for your thoughts.
Ozzy

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a level on my bow but to be honest when I am drawing back that is the last thing that I look at. If you are shooting straight then let them fly.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Bubbles don't lie. Yes, you are torquing the bow when you shoot. I never used the bubble either. Now that I do it has made a great difference in my groups. SRM

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
That could be the third axis. On up or downhill shots if the third axis of the sight is off, your bubble WILL lie to you. Go to this website and watch the video's on third axis. hamskeaarchery.com

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I just got a new site it is a black gold flashpoint and has a leveling bubble in the site. As I shot from a tree stand bending at the waist the bubble shifts way over to one side. It dosen't seem like the bow is moving in my hand but that bubble sure isn't in the middle. Is this a torque problem I never knew I had or are the level bubbles in these sites not all that great when shooting at angles. Thanks for your thoughts.
Ozzy
All levels are high in the center.In other words the tubes are bent. If they were not you could never hold the bubble in the center of the level. The higher the precision of the level the straighter the tube is. The levels in bow sights are not a very precise level. That means the tube is bent quite a bit. That is why the level appears a little wacky. When you bend over you are changing the geometries of the level tube and it will give false readings.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Bubbles don't lie. Yes, you are torquing the bow when you shoot. I never used the bubble either. Now that I do it has made a great difference in my groups. SRM
Lets not confuse canting the bow with torquing the bow. A level does not indicate torque, it indicates if your bow is straight up and down. When your level is off you are canting the bow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts