Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any users want to chime in with results after purchasing a Torqueless grip? I've been debating purchasing one, I'm afraid I won't like the extra width of the grip and not sure I will benefit from the grip since Bowtech risers are a low grip angle by default and that's how I shoot. I know occasionally my grip placement on the riser may change verticle shot to shot. My biggest problem is during hunting situations I have a death grip on my bow with the adrenaline and all and I have hit my string on clothing since my elbow was pointed down vs out so I'm looking for something to better force me to hold the bow during hunting situations like I do shooting spots and 3d.

I saw in other posts users utilized double stick tape/ carpet tape at adhere the grip vs the epoxy, any issues with the long term affects on riser if you remove it later with the finish or anything ? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ttt... C'mon i know people have these grips.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have one on my Answer and it helped with consistency immensely! But now I wish I had thought of using double sided tape in case I ever sell it (as doubtful as that is)!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I had one on my Helim and loved it. Mine was a perfect fit and i did not use any adhesive. Fit perfect and never moved. I know it improved the consistency of my grip over the Focus grip or regular Mathews grip.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Won't help with death grip as that is all you. Helps with constancy and the heel at top will help up and downs. The grip I got for the energy 35 fit very well. I just placed some masking tape on the grip area under the grip and it takes signifcant edfort to remove. It's not adhesived on at all. Works like a charm. Warmer in hand and its still a thin grip. Looks great IMO.

·
Up a Tree.......
3,198 Posts
I have one on my CPXL and love it. My Experience I shoot just like it came.....

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback ... Any other users???

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I had one on my Z7 and loved it. I just ordered one for my Elite Hunter. They help with consistent hand placement

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
I've used his grips exclusively for years, Dave is a true artist and puts out perfectly shaped and during grips. I only have personal experience with the side plates in my bows but have shot his full grips on a few different risers such as Elite, Mathews, etc. They are a huge improvement over the stock grips.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I had them on a Destroyer and they do not get in the way whatsoever. I decided to just put the Experience stock grips on my D340 this time around. With JUST the adhesive tape holding the grips to the bows, the grip will move a little bit when it gets hot.

9,037 Posts
You have a lot of folks here who like them and I am to be included in that bunch. Have used Dave's grips for quite some time on several different models of bowtechs and really see an improvement in grip/form. Torqueless grips are made very well will hold up for quite some time. The biggest problem will be determining what angle of grip you want...medium or low wrist. I have gone with medium and they fit me very well but I can see where a low wrist grip may give you better bone to bone contact in the bow arm. Hope this helps. Cheers!
Fred

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for everyone's response I went ahead and ordered a low wrist in full grip I'll give it a try. I think the nose on the grip will help with verticle hand placement at the least. I just need to work on my horizontal placement on my own. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
had one on my cpxl and liked it. I usee the adhesive they sell to put it on(semipermanent). I cuurently have one on my MR7. It comes with a sanding black for fitting. Out of the box mine fit with an unterfence fit so i can take it on and off just by prying gently which i have done numerous times experimenting with grips. Another plus is that it comes in countless color etc options.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't wait to try it, I'll report back.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yah I did thankfully, made it even better.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts