Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you go with low or med wrist? How do you like it over the stock grip? How does torqueless compare to elite's aftermarket grip (the rubber elite grip)
Did it change draw length at all, if so how much +/-?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'm in as well.....low or medium wrist and how do you know?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Ive got big paws and prefer the rubber grip's pronounced flat back to the rounded riser or the torqueless.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I put a medium wrist Torqueless on my '13 Hunter this fall. The thing is a work of art and has helped me get a more consistent hand grip. It didn't seem to affect my draw length. Only downside I've seen so far is that it is v e r y slippery depending which type of gloves I am wearing. Makes it hard to carry my bow by the grip when walking through the woods. I had to dremel a bit off of the nose to allow for my rest (Trophy Taker X-treme FC Pro), otherwise install was quick and easy. Do yourself a favor and get one!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm in as well.....low or medium wrist and how do you know?
The website has some nice pictures that show low vs med vs high. I stood next to a mirror in our bathroom and drew my bow, compared what my wrist looked like to the ones on the website. Not real scientific but it seemed to work for me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just put a premier wood (Camo) medium wrist grip on my 13 hunter this weekend. I almost had to make a mod to my grip also, as I have the same rest. I ended up taking the cage off of the rest, installing the grip, and then putting the cage back on. It touches, but not bad.

It completely eliminated the left/right flyer's for me. I shot with gloves on and did not notice any slipperiness. I probably shot 100 arrows Saturday. It is an absolute work of art. Fit and finish is flawless.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Tagged for later. ....

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
got mine today...flawless....beautiful....I was mostly wanting to shorten my draw a tiny bit....accomplished that as well....about 1/4"....after shooting 1"-2 3/4" long for all my life I think its amazing how much steadier I am...my hand goes right up to the throat nicely everytime now....put about 60-70 shots through with it... so far so good

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
What is the shape of the factory grip with side plates on an elite?

How would a low wrist torqueless work compared to factory?

I'm stuck between low or medium wrist.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Nevermind...I found this. I'm gonna try the low wrist I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Elite grips are only available in low or medium from torqueless FYi. Just got low on my Experience, lost 1/4 bh but I love it. Beautiful grip!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Never...elites grip is the best in the industry. It is amazing if you use correct form and do not actually grip the grip.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
I do not "actually grip the grip." I have big hands and the pad on my thumb side causes a right push. (I'm LH) the Torqueless allows me a repeatable location for placement, as it's a flat and narrow surface with a nice nose. The proof is in my first grouping from 80 yds, which was about 4". I was more like 10" prior with my Hunter. It's just anatomy for some guys, not necessarily a fundamentals problem. I shoot almost completely open handed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the tourqless on a z28 and a pure. Been shooting with one for a couple years now. The biggest improvement is the nose of the grip. They can help with consistent hand placement, plus they do look nice.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,855 Posts
A TorqueLess Grip is the only way I can be consistent with an Elite.

I had Dave make me a med/high grip by special request. It worked very well for a couple of Elites that I installed it on.

It shortened my DL by 5/16", measured on my draw board.

I highly recommend a TorqueLess Grip for any bow.

Skeet.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I bought one for my Bowtech but after shooting it a couple of times, I went back to the factory grip with racket grip tape over it. It did add a bit of draw length though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts