Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I bought a couple of the alien archery broadheads that are like the old anarchy heads but I still wanna make these super sharp. I am not a nice guy I own the knifes u can replace blades lol I am not a sword guy I just want a simple easy way to sharpen these heads. Any ideas or suggestions on a tool I’d love that

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Start learning how to sharpen, it's not rocket surgery...there are numerous YouTube vids to help. A KME BH sharpener is almost foolproof. There is a plastic version, it's even cheaper...can't remember the name though. Someone will chime in with it.

Every man worth his salt should be able to sharpen his steel.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I don’t know about that head specifically, but I use the stay sharp sharpening system on my magnus black hornet serazor, and it does a great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Looking for a monster!
8,423 Posts
The Spot Hogg bloody buddy is awesome. Gets my heads shaving sharp and I don’t have to take the blades apart to do so. It’s not cheap, but it was worth every penny!!!

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Some people can sharpen a butter knife but not me. I suck but found the lansky for knives and the plastic stay sharpen for broadheads to be fool proof. I think the sharpener was around 20.00 and I purchased a ton of fine grit sandpaper from amazon for around $10.00. Then I got myself an awesome strop with 4 sides and different grit polish.

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
I use the Staysharp on Anarchy heads. Works great.

I get auto body sand paper from 1000 grit to 3000 grit and then leather strop

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Hello all! I bought a couple of the alien archery broadheads that are like the old anarchy heads but I still wanna make these super sharp. I am not a nice guy I own the knifes u can replace blades lol I am not a sword guy I just want a simple easy way to sharpen these heads. Any ideas or suggestions on a tool I’d love that
You should edit your post. Even if you aren't a nice guy you shouldn't admit it on AT. :wink: I like you can not sharpen anything except a chainsaw chain. I have had good luck with the stay sharp system for broadheads and fine grit sand paper followed up with a leather strop i got from Solid broadheads. Really the issue is i don't have the patience or the desire to sharpen the dang things. Rather be hunting or doing something else. I have some Iron Will wides and some of the old carbon express pile driver heads so i guess i better figure it out too. lol

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should edit your post. Even if you aren't a nice guy you shouldn't admit it on AT. :wink: I like you can not sharpen anything except a chainsaw chain. I have had good luck with the stay sharp system for broadheads and fine grit sand paper followed up with a leather strop i got from Solid broadheads. Really the issue is i don't have the patience or the desire to sharpen the dang things. Rather be hunting or doing something else. I have some Iron Will wides and some of the old carbon express pile driver heads so i guess i better figure it out too. lol
Hahahah I had to read your message a couple times and then I laughed! I didn’t even see that lol I agree I would rather be hunting but super sharp broadheads are deadly and I like deadly

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good advice on sharpeners above..also look at a leather strop...takes it to the next level and is easy to use! (amazon sells them)

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So for ease of use kme or stay sharp?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use the Lansky version of the KME sharpener. I use the deluxe kit and usually go medium-fine-ultra fine then strope on compound then bare leather. 25° is the angle you want for single bevel. I just ordered a pack of heads from alien archery too. How long did it take you to get yours in the mail?

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
I use the KME, and it is really easy to get em really sharp. I had the plastic knock off version (called Staysharp I think). KME is superior, and it is actually the same price because you have to buy 2 if you want to sharpen fixed and mechanicals. The plastic one wouldn't open up enough to accept my 200 grain Cutthroats (due to blade thickness) I gave the plastic one away to a friend, and he gave it away too. Just do it right the first time and save the hassle.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Unsure how you went here But the V2 I so easily sharpened.

May I suggest that you freehand sharpen following the FACTORY BEVEL. DOWNSTROKES only.

Diamond and Stone work great BUT please consider stating with 1200 Wet & Dry, then 1500, 2000 and if you have access 3000 and 4000.

You will surely be impressed.

Thanks and please PM me of you are having/had issues!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I use stay sharp on my slick tricks

Semper Fi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts