Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it difficult to get the string to my nose when anchoring along my jaw with a 36" a to a bow. Will that string ange be improved by going to a longer axle to axle bow? ( say 38-40")
Northwoods

·
Registered
719 Posts
yes can you post a pic.

runawaysXs

·
Registered
471 Posts
String angle

NW,
There are a bunch of things you can do to change the string angle on any ax-ax bow. Different release, change loop length, change anchor point, draw length, split loop or double under loop. You can experiment with a lot of different things to get the string to run how you want it on your face. I feel like string angle and how it runs on your face is very important. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Yes, typically when you go to a longer axle length you can effectively lower your anchor point while keeping the same amount of pre-load in your back and same contact point on nose. That is if you contact the string to the tip of your nose - some people have the string contact the side of the nose which might allow more flexibility in elevation changes in anchor.

Sean

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
i am not sure what your saying but i use my nose asa part of my anchoring and i am shooting a 36 inch bow. i have not had any problems with this set up so i am curious as to where your problem lies. i use my nose the base of my jaw line and my trigger finger knuckle to the base of the mandible each time. i am shooting an ar37 and there is no valley like when i shot my tbolt which was an 80% let off. the ar true let off is 64%. do you hav epoics of your draw and anchor? that would help us to see where the problems lie and going to a longer axled bow will definately change your anchor if your not feeling comfortable with the 36 inch axled bow
rob k

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
What Ttazz said is correct. I went through this this weekend. I shortened my draw 1 inch and just couldn't get the string angle correct. I lengthened my release rope and voila! Perfect. I have never felt more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Brad can I ask a stupid quest ? If you changed the bow draw length by 1 ich and then increased your d-loop length, did you just go back to were you started as far as your bow draw length ?

- 1 inch bow draw + 1 inch on d loop = nothing changed

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Bill his anchor is the same as it was before he changed anything, but the draw length of the bow is shorter by 1 inch.

·
Registered
719 Posts
a pic of you at full draw whoud give US a better look at how you are shooting;)

runawaysXs

·
Registered
719 Posts
That can be fun i compress my in the camra progam if that help

·
Registered
314 Posts
While there are numerous things you can do to achieve different and correct anchor points, one thing to always consider is the ATA verses draw length relationship. We always instruct our shooters to keep their heads straight up and centered on their spine. With this accomplished, we then adjust everything to achieve the most comfortable and effective positions.

We have found that the relationship between ATA and draw length to be something that must be considered when trying to achieve good form/function. The shorter ATA bows for shorter draw lengths are more acceptable than on longer draw lengths. The angle of the string, when it's too extreme, causes loss of certain anchors.

The shorter ATA bows are also more susceptable to cant when used with the longer draw lengths. While this may not be much of an issue at shorter shooting distances (say <30 yards), longer distances (say >40 yards) will suffer with left to right problems.

A complete visual analysis of the original posted condition is the most effective way to analyze the problem. Vertical anchor, horizontal anchor, release type and grip/length position, length of nose ;) , and several other items must be observed/considered.:)

·
Registered
719 Posts
N.W. if you cant get it donw to size i maybe can sent it to me at

[email protected]

i see if i can help to get it on here

runawaysXs:)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
No need to have the string touch your nose. Magnus Petterson (I'm sure there are others) won quite a few Indoor FITA world championships and was an Olympic Silver Medalist with an anchor that didn't touch his nose. He shot FITA/recurve and didn't have a peep either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts