Archery Talk Forum banner

Tough Day with day 2 in the woods

1065 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  alpinebowoman
Hello ladies,

So this is my first time hunting and my 2nd time going out. I was sitting in a blind and dask was coming along so my pins were fading away. Just then, 5 large does pop out of no where. I'm ready to take a shot, I shoot and hit. My boyfriend and I found blood at first impact. That sounded promising but then it was time to look for the deer. Well we spend an hour that night looking, found nothing. Went back out and spent 2 hours looking in the morning with daylight, found nothing.

So, it was tough. To see and shoot a deer the 2nd time ever out hunting (I have never hunted before this) and can't find it. It sucked.

Hopefully next time around I will get one and track it down. Has anyone else ever have this happen to them too? Oh, BTW, I couldn't track my area down either. :-(
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,124 Posts
mmm yeah it happens. Happened to me last year with a 150+ buck :pukey:. I hit him high and we tracked him for 3 days. He was seen later...sore but in good shape! Maybe this year I'll get another crack at him :wink:. Just try to learn from your mistakes...hunting is full of them, that's how we learn. EACH time we go out we learn more...even the pros. Keep your head up and try it again.:) Welcome to the world of hunting!

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Hello ladies,

So this is my first time hunting and my 2nd time going out. I was sitting in a blind and dask was coming along so my pins were fading away. Just then, 5 large does pop out of no where. I'm ready to take a shot, I shoot and hit. My boyfriend and I found blood at first impact. That sounded promising but then it was time to look for the deer. Well we spend an hour that night looking, found nothing. Went back out and spent 2 hours looking in the morning with daylight, found nothing.

So, it was tough. To see and shoot a deer the 2nd time ever out hunting (I have never hunted before this) and can't find it. It sucked.

Hopefully next time around I will get one and track it down. Has anyone else ever have this happen to them too? Oh, BTW, I couldn't track my area down either. :-(

Dont feel bad I have been hunting for years, I shot a doe last wednesday nite and never found it. ( Gutshot ) It happens to the best of us. I hope i dont get yelled at for posting in the girls fourm :wink:

· Registered
2,124 Posts
Dont feel bad I have been hunting for years, I shot a doe last wednesday nite and never found it. ( Gutshot ) It happens to the best of us. I hope i dont get yelled at for posting in the girls fourm :wink:

Lurking in the girls room, again!

· Registered
235 Posts
It is really rough to do that!

I had an opportunity this year to shoot at a 2 point buck Muley. Well he was only 35 yards away but it was getting dark, we probably had 10 minutes left of legal shooting time, I wanted to take it, but at the same time, I just couldn't see his body very well....I ended up not taking him....but my husband said I could have gotten him. Oh well. I feel good about my decision and not taking him.

Unfortuntely this stuff does happen.
Shoot straight!

Good luck on the next arrow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.