Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
family of five,I'm layed off of work for the winter,and my other half is busting her butt to keep the ends meet 70 hours a week,she works for a children's home that has rapist,child molesters, cutters ,run aways,some hear little people in there heads,and so on its not a job i could put up with,they are boys and girls under the age of 18,,and yes we have people give us garbage because we are keeping the freezer full,,,,,,,,{}we have land in upper michigan and two different propertys in northern wi,they are paid for ,we thought about selling ,but we will not loose everything we worked for,,,,it would take $200,000 to be able to buy what we have right now and thats low,and the way land prices dropped we would loose are butt at 600 an acre in northern wi....all three property have cabins on,,,,,,hats are off to my other half ,,,,,the unenjoyment check sucks

·
Registered
184 Posts
completely understand your situation ! Have been out of a job since march, woman works her butt off to try and keep our heads above water since the UC check is like 1/2 of what I was getting. I have put down three doe this year, first time I ever even shot a doe but we have not had to buy red meat since september so it helps alot. The areas I hunt are also way overpopulated with deer so I guess it helps there as well.

Personally I dont give a rats [email protected]@ what anyone thinks, you do what you have to do my friend. Best of luck to you and your family.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
completely understand your situation ! Have been out of a job since march, woman works her butt off to try and keep our heads above water since the UC check is like 1/2 of what I was getting. I have put down three doe this year, first time I ever even shot a doe but we have not had to buy red meat since september so it helps alot. The areas I hunt are also way overpopulated with deer so I guess it helps there as well.

Personally I dont give a rats [email protected]@ what anyone thinks, you do what you have to do my friend. Best of luck to you and your family.
AMEN BROTHER COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER.:wink:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
people ask why do we have internet service,you want to know why because it is cheaper to pay or bills online,and for the oldest home work,schools dont use books for research no more everything they research is online.internet is cheap compared to a land line phone bill

·
Registered
70 Posts
not as bad this year but we lived on venison last year. took three does and a buck this year so we are good. does are way more tasty. hope you recover soon. good luck to you. pah36 where in s.e. pa. are you?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I don't buy into the new ways of hunting. the pass on everything and only shoot a giant buck. sure I hold out on bucks but when it comes down to the last few days its game on for the freezer. I kill a lot of does every year. I have number six hanging from last night. there is something about having a freezer full of meat to enjoy till next season and start all over.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Alaska hunter
675 Posts
as times get tighter...

I wouldn't pass up the road kill list. Here in Alaska its a big deal with moose; at the worst you'll lose one side, but often they're hit in the head/front shoulder and little meat is lost. In Michigan I recovered several recent road kill deer; we had a word in with the local sheriff's dept to give us a call on road kill callups. Especially when its cold out, the meat will be fine. Best thing, its free, no tag is needed, and its a great resource that would just be wasted otherwise.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
..."all three property have cabins on..." in all due respect why are you whining...? You have ALOT more than most people who are laid off. My hours were cut a month ago(didn't run to the internet to tell my tale) and I was given the option to go on unemployment or work in another dept, less hours same pay....I took the work..buck up man....
Solohunter

·
Registered
184 Posts
not as bad this year but we lived on venison last year. took three does and a buck this year so we are good. does are way more tasty. hope you recover soon. good luck to you. pah36 where in s.e. pa. are you?
Chester County here, east fallowfield....you ?

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
..."all three property have cabins on..." in all due respect why are you whining...? You have ALOT more than most people who are laid off. My hours were cut a month ago(didn't run to the internet to tell my tale) and I was given the option to go on unemployment or work in another dept, less hours same pay....I took the work..buck up man....
Solohunter
Kind of what I was thinking, Ive got it worse by far. You do what is necessary and try to be happy. I wish I had a U/E check coming in but I dont qualify as a former small buisness owner.:confused:
I do have three less mouths to feed though.:):):):)

marty

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we also worked our butt off and payed cash for these propertys, ,i would give them to my kids before i take a beatting on them,,,,,,,also mind you we never believed in credit cards or loans,,,,,,the only loan we have is our scrappy crappy 900 square foot house we live in,,,,

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
These are tough times for all poor-middle class people. What about the guy that works at Casey's? Has no land, no cabins, and makes less than unemployment. Lives in a trailer and has kids. There is always someone that has it worse.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is true, always someone less fortunate. I feel blessed with what I have and the ability to do what I can.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
118 Posts
These are tough times for all poor-middle class people. What about the guy that works at Casey's? Has no land, no cabins, and makes less than unemployment. Lives in a trailer and has kids. There is always someone that has it worse.
True story!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Meat

Meat in the freezer is all I ever hunted for, Lived on venison during my divorce and keep right on eating it. NOT as cheap as going to the store butyou NEED a way to relax and chill out, so why not get something to eat out of it two. I'm a small business owner in east marlboro {Thought PAHUNTER mite want to know} Last year I lost money and finished the year in the red, this year made some changes, actually did all the work myself and charged less, but we are back in the black and looking to stay there, hopefully there well only be 3 more years of Obamanomics and we can all get on with the work and play that we enjoy.Good luck to all, and good hunting.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
very true,but I'm not going to let our gov,nor the economy lose what i worked for,,,,,,,my parents are very bad off hes 60 year old unemployed from Kohler co..there margage co ,which only had a building contract FOR THREE YEARS which contract should have been breached as soon as there was occupancy,is no longer in business,went bankrupt, , done gone,,still trying to pull money from them,,,they went to see a lawyer,and the lawyer said we are going to fight for the house,lawyer told """"""central states mortgage company"""""" to go pound sand,my client will see you in court

·
Banned
191 Posts
Personally, I have never understood why anyone would say anything about anything anyone shot ;). I dont care what the guys I hunt with shoot, if they get pleasure out of shooting a spike then im happy for them. Personally the only thing i'll give 100% pass to is a fawn, and thats only because I derive no pleasure from killing them, and they just simply dont have enough meat on them for me to justify taking their life. I've killed big bucks, and i've killed spikes. And i'd kill either one of them on any given hunt depending on my mood. Im not a meat hunter, or a trophy hunter, im just a hunter, and I make my decisions on the fly. And personally, I would never pass on a good doe. I got to many people bugging me for meat.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,257 Posts
getting worse all over

anyone- like me- in construction can relate. If you are in the 30% working for the gov you will disagree....

If it teaches us anything its to VOTE for the most fiscally responsible candidate. The current admin. just voted a 10% increase- how to pay for it? Print more money- the stealth way to literally take money out of every americans pocket.

If you do the research, few of these policy makers have ever had a "Real job" or run a company. No wonder they can't balance the checkbook....

Best of luck to you guys.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Always kill something before the end of the season to carry me thur the winter for meat. Saves alot of money in the long run. Got my one for the freezer just last Sunday evening. Still have an extra seasl that I'm trying to fill for alittle more in the freezer.

Matt

1 - 20 of 34 Posts