Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11,679 Posts
Radial x weave as far as carbon arrows go .but fmj as far as not getting cracked and blowing up in your bow and going through your hand.

·
Ice Cold
11,964 Posts
Eastons. The only decent CX shafts I've had were the Kevlar ones, and GT were the Warriors. I shoot Easton axis, injexions, da torch, and fullbores now.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
General RE LEE. Have you noticed how a top spins just b/4 it stops.

No but that's irrelevant cause I'm using a figure of speech. Sorry didn't take the technical details of a top spinning in consideration lol

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
In my experience the Easton carbon arrows have been the toughest I've used. I now shoot the axis and have the past 3 years. I shot CX maximas but quit shooting them for that reason, they seemed to break easily and every time I shot a deer they would snap it off.

I've never shot Gold Tips but they have always had the reputation as the toughest arrow as is shown by this thread once again.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
One thing I can say about gold tip arrows, I have shot thousands of shots with them for longer than I care to mention and I have never had a single arrow break or crack under normal use. Can't say that for some of the others that I tried over the years. The axis arrows were also pretty tough, but I have had them crack near the nock a few times and also found that after squaring the ends, then shooting them alot it didn't take long for the ends to need squaring up again for broadheads. This also happens with standard inserts, but seems much worse with the HIT arrows.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Another vote for gold tip they can't really take abuse.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Gold Tip hands down!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Been shooting GT's for the longest and dont plan on changing. Just made a batch of Kinetics to try out this year.

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
Gold Tip!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Gold tip

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Quote Originally Posted by lsb View Post
good old XX78 Aluminum

lol
Knew it wouldn't take long to be bashed. Never seen an aluminum explode and go through a hand

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
maybe not, but they sure do bend, and then hold that bend....Ive got GT's that are 10yrs old, and they still shoot great.....

21 - 40 of 63 Posts