Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of yall please help me clarify what license I will need to purchase for a out of state 5 day hunt? The regs online are confusing me. I see out of state hunting $35, archery over the counter permit ect ect

I'm wanting to spend the week at my family's farm next year and help them thin the does down in archery season. Trying to get a ruff estimate together to run it by the old lady

Any help is much obliged

·
FIGJAM
2,303 Posts
I'm looking at the DNR 2011-2012 book and it shows you need a Non-Resident Hunting License $35.75; State Habitat Stamp $5.50 and a Non Reident Archery Deer Permit. The Deer Permit is $25.50 for antlerless only or $411.00 for combination either sex. If your just shooting does it shouldn't be too bad. Just don't mess up and hit a nubbin buck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for clarifying that up for me. In nc you just get a one shop license for big game, that's what had me confused.

I'm going to assume I can go back a day or two later and purchase an either sex permit if I just originally purchased some doe tags?

I hope I have the chance to see what a big buck really is next year, may make opening the wallet for one alittle easyer

Either way I can't wait to get up there and see what this flat land hunting is like

·
FIGJAM
2,303 Posts
Right down the road from us in the Springfield/Chatham area. If you ever have any questions just shoot me a PM. Good luck this season!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Don't forget the habitat stamp. The way I see it, you will need 3 items: NR hunting license, Habitat Stamp and Antlerless Only Tag. The Combo/Either Sex tags are lottery - application deadline was June 30 http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/deer/Pages/Non-ResidentArcheryDeerHunting.aspx. They sell any leftovers over the counter, so you can go back and purchase the Either Sex tag later, but there are limited numbers of them for out of state residents, and they may be sold out or may all be taken in the lottery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts