Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what class would u be in if u had ur bow set up with 4 fix pins 12in or less stablizer and 4in fletchings and u switch to 5 to 7 fix pins 3in fletchings.

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
What type(s) of competition are we speaking about here? NFAA, NAA, Vegas, IBO-3D, ASA-3D, local, etc., etc..? Each organization has it's own rules pertaining to equipment. For example, in NFAA fletch size makes no difference so that's a moot point. However, in NFAA you can have no more than 5 fixed pins on your sight in order to shoot in either the BHFS (release) or BHFSL (fingers) divisions. Any more than 5 pins in NFAA and you'd have to shoot FS or FSL along with the scope and long stabilizer shooters. Vegas I believe also follows NFAA rules for the bowhunter divisions, but usually for an indoor you wouldn't want more than 1 pin on the sight anyway (20yd or 18m for entire round). NAA on the other hand doesn't make any difference and you can use as many pins as you want. Then again, NAA all compounds shoot together regardless of equipment or shooting style (unless you're > 49 and then there are is a separate fingers division). 3D you'll have to check the specific organizations' rules - I'm not familiar with those classes.

If you can post more specifically what type of competition you enjoy and are looking for information on I'm sure someone can assist.

>>------>

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also i was wanting to know about shooting the asa tournaments as a non member i looked on there site but couldnt find anything on when u could shoot or who to contact thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts