Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since everyone is getting ready for the New Years Resolutions how about we all state the tournaments we are going to get to this year. So far I am planning on going to (but work may infer with a few)
Vegas
TX Shoot-out
AZ Cup
Western Regional Collegiate Championships (as a coach only, sigh)
World Target Trials
USIAC (as a coach only, sigh)
Gold Cup
Outdoor Nationals

· Registered
3,267 Posts
Hey G33k!

It will be good to see you at a lot of those shoots! :cool:

My plans are:

PA State Championships (FITA)
Mid-Atlantic Championships (FITA)
NAA Indoor Nationals
Texas Shootout
Arizona Cup
Gold Cup
World Target Trials
PA Outdoor State Championship (FITA)
Sportsfest (local FITA)
NAA Outdoor Nationals
Garden State Games
NJ Outdoor Championships

Good thing I got a promotion and a raise in pay!! Hope to see many ATer's at many of these!

~Scoobs~

· Registered
461 Posts
I am hoping too shoot these, currently in high level negotiation with the boss, i mean wife :)

AZ cup
bay state games
nfaa outdoor new england sectionals
gold cup
NAA nationals

· Registered
2,944 Posts
Minnesota Archers Alliance was recently awarded one of four qualifier rounds for the US Archery Team. The tournament will be held in conjunction with the annual “Voyageur Cup” tournament at the Anoka High School in July, 2006.

The 2005 Voyageur Cup will not be a USAT event but will be a great chance to shoot against some of the midwest's top shooters in preparation for 2006. I encourage anyone interested to put the 2005 Cup on your calendar. It will be shot June 25-26 at the same location as the 2006 shoot will be held. The registration form is available on the MAA web site.

The tournament will start with a FITA Round and then head to head shoot off’s in an Olympic Round at 70 meters to complete the two rounds required for qualification.

· Registered
461 Posts
SuperX said:
Minnesota Archers Alliance was recently awarded one of four qualifier rounds for the US Archery Team.

The 2005 Voyageur Cup will not be a USAT event .
ok stupid question but are these 2 statemants sound mutually exclusive?
dazed and confused :)

· Registered
2,944 Posts
farms100 said:
ok stupid question but are these 2 statemants sound mutually exclusive?
dazed and confused :)
LOL - Sorry to confuse... I can see how it would seem contradictory. :eek:

I was trying to point out that in 2006 the VCup will be a USAT Qualifier for those who are thinking that far ahead, and that the 2005 Cup may be a nice tourney to hit so they can get used to the venue and the format.

I didn't want to leave anyone the impression that the VCup was a USAT qualifier this year though it is our 8th annual Voyager's Cup and the tournament is always well run and worth the trip to Minnesota. It is also my hope that the fact that the Voyageur's Cup is going to be a qualifier would attest to its quality.

Does that clear it up at all? :)

· Registered
461 Posts
lol i kind of guessed that but wasn't sure :)

· Registered
2,944 Posts
Brad Rega said:
anyone know which tournament the voyager cup is replacing?
To my knowledge none - they are adding this one in the midwest where there has been a lack of shoots available. Gold Cup, AZ Cup, Texas Shootout and VCup... is there another one I am forgetting?

(not counting world team trials and olympic trials as appropriate)

· Registered
461 Posts
if I would hazard a guess i would say its a brand new one, given the dates gold cup is at usually the end of may, with texas and AZ moving so early in the year, this opens up adate for usat shoot in end of April/ early may.

One nice thing about More of usat shotos if you miss one or two it would not be the end of the world.

· Registered
5,012 Posts
vegas was a scratch...that money is going towards a trip that just might change my life...

texas shoot out if i can make it..
asa state champs
those are the two i'm really trying for...i'll pick and choose as they show up... :rolleyes:
i wanna shoot at least two fita events this next year...just to say i did! :D

· Registered
2,411 Posts
I'm a wimp this year on the tournament schedule, but as things come around maybe I'll attend others.

NAA Indoor Nationals
Gold Cup
NAA Outdoor Target Nationals (maybe depending on how my outdoor season goes in general)

· Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
SuperX said:
I was trying to point out that in 2006 the VCup will be a USAT Qualifier for those who are thinking that far ahead, and that the 2005 Cup may be a nice tourney to hit so they can get used to the venue and the format.
That totally rocks!! It will rock for those that either teach or attend school since it is during summer break. Plus I agree that it is good in case you miss a tournie or bomb out at one to have another option.

Thanks for sharing the info SuperX, it is incredibly useful :D

· Registered
2,944 Posts
G33k said:
That totally rocks!! It will rock for those that either teach or attend school since it is during summer break. Plus I agree that it is good in case you miss a tournie or bomb out at one to have another option.

Thanks for sharing the info SuperX, it is incredibly useful :D
Glad we agree on something ;) :) :D

Another plus will be some of the nicest weather in the world - we have had some really great (though hot) weekends of shooting with only one morning of rain in the last 4 years (that I have been shooting the VCup) and that day we were on the line by 11am with blue skies. This could be a venue where you can shoot a really good score if the wind cooperates. :)

· Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SuperX said:
Glad we agree on something ;) :) :D
Babe, we are sister archers, that is way more important that our opinions of shoes, right?? :D ;) :p

Is there a websight about the VCup? Any pictures of past tournaments? I am starting to think about it, sounds like fun

· Registered
2,944 Posts
G33k said:
Babe, we are sister archers, that is way more important that our opinions of shoes, right?? :D ;) :p

Is there a websight about the VCup? Any pictures of past tournaments? I am starting to think about it, sounds like fun
Check out the MAA web site for registration and past results. I will try to get some pictures up there soon.

As Homer Simpson would say... Mmmmmm Shoes :p

· Registered
3,192 Posts
SuperX said:
To my knowledge none - they are adding this one in the midwest where there has been a lack of shoots available. Gold Cup, AZ Cup, Texas Shootout and VCup... is there another one I am forgetting?

(not counting world team trials and olympic trials as appropriate)
yes, NAA Target nationals is a qualifier as well. This would make for 5 qualifiers for an even numbered year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.