Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Toxonic Naildriver 5000. It arrived yesterday, I mounted the windage unit to the site, installed the scope into the windage unit (yes, i tightened the set screw onto the scope threads) and that is when things started acting odd.

There is some play between the inner sleave and the outer casing of the windage unit. The scope can rotate a couple of degrees forward and back.

Also, when I turn the windage adjustment knob clockwise it pulls the scope in closer to the site, but when I turn it counter-clockwise it just threads off the end.

Does it sound like I have done something wrong, or is the bushings wore out?

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
The interioir bushings may be getting a little worn, but for what its worth, My ND 5000 does the same thing with the scope rotating.

As far as the other problem, I suspect you are missing the spring that goes in there to "push" the windage unit out. If I remember right it also goes inside the windage unit...If you don't have an answer to this by later today, I can check when I get off of work and then post up...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since I bought this as a new unit I shouldn't be having these problems. they have offered to take it back, i think i may get a sure loc instead

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
since I bought this as a new unit I shouldn't be having these problems. they have offered to take it back, i think i may get a sure loc instead
I think that little bit of play in the scope is normal with thopse sights. It never seemd to cause me any issues FWIW. It is a bullet proof sight, I went away from it due to what it weighs. Went to a Sure Loc (Challenger) from there and am now shooting a CJ ANTS EVO2. You should look at the CJ Ants too if you take that route...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there actually a accepted amount of play in the scope? I have a CBE 3DXL for indoor and it is rock solid. I can't imagine for the cost of these sights that there should be ANY play in between the scope and the sight.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I have 2 of the 5300 sights with the same windage unit and they are solid with no play. Sounds like you just got a bad one. I can assure you that there is less movement in the Tox than any Sureloc that I have ever seen. I know guys that need theirs rebuilt every year because of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts