Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Toxonics 5300 and noticed that the windage/head assembly was not 90 degrees to the extension bar. The sight is almost new and shows no signs of stress or wear.

Is this normal?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Doesn't look normal to me. You will need to do some major 3rd axis work to get that thing working right. Keep us posted Ox.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Ox

No thats not right. Did you order your sight with the 3rd axis adjustment in the extension? Mine came with it and I adjusted mine to be perfectly square.
Jbird

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep -- i got the 3rd axis bar sitting next to me. i guess i can sort it out with that, but it seemed odd that the stock extension bar and head assembley would be out of alignment.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Ox,
I would give Tox a call and maybe email them with the pic you have and see what they say.. I wouldn't think this is right...Neither one of mine are like yours...Pro1

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Naildriver

I once had a Naildriver out of the box like this, My tox dealer at the time replaced it for me and sent the bad one back.

Nice quality control.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oxford,

Your situation is not typical of the 5300 Naildrver. Although the 3rd axis bar will solve this for you, you should call and return this sight for service. Toxonics stands behind thier products and will repair or replace whatever blunder that has occured in this case. Toxonics is looking to revolutionize the target sight market with a new windage system to be released soon. I am sorry you had to have a bad experience with your Naildriver.

P

·
0 Posts
Way to go Toxonics

You not only make the best sight on the market, you stand behind it when something does slip by. Nothing in this World is perfect and there is always going to be something that goes wrong but with Customer Service like this, there is no need for worry, you resolve the problem fast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts