Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
If you were between a toxonics or a Cobra sight for hunting, which would you choose? The main things being strength and brightness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,295 Posts
My experience with Cobra are that they suck. My vote if for Toxonics by default as I've never used them but they look cool in my magazines.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,826 Posts
Slippy Field said:
My experience with Cobra are that they suck. My vote if for Toxonics by default as I've never used them but they look cool in my magazines.

for once I agree with slippy, on both points. :embara:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,295 Posts
Josh Michaelis said:
for once I agree with slippy, on both points. :embara:
I think you agreed with me like a year ago too...?

I had some problems with my Cobra, complained about it, and the lady I was conversing with via email said she would send me the replacement parts and never did. That was like 20 years ago. It was a $35 site but its just the point. I just hate getting blown off like that. Unless, one of you guys stole it out of my mailbox.:sad: Copper John's on the other hand, now thats a quality company! :darkbeer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,289 Posts
I actually have gone through this exact situation. I was debating on the 3 pin version of the Cobra Sidewinder and the Toxonics K9. Looking them over, the Toxonics looked to be a better sight. I liked the pin brightness on the Toxonics better and I read some very negative things about the Cobra sight causing some noise. I'm really happy with the Toxonics sight and I've had it for 6 months or so.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,826 Posts
Slippy Field said:
I think you agreed with me like a year ago too...?

I had some problems with my Cobra, complained about it, and the lady I was conversing with via email said she would send me the replacement parts and never did. That was like 20 years ago. It was a $35 site but its just the point. I just hate getting blown off like that. Unless, one of you guys stole it out of my mailbox.:sad: Copper John's on the other hand, now thats a quality company! :darkbeer:

With me the customer service was great, but the sight that they were servicing was a POS. Sidewinders, loud, fragile, and Junk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,623 Posts
cobra

I have the Sidewinder Radiant and really like it. When I bought it I also looked at the Tox k-9 sights and 3 of them had broken fibers in the package. The new Cobra's have lifetime warranty now also. Todd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
I love my Tox. Solid, and once you get it dialed in, there is no need to touch it. I also have the little light for it. I can't wait for the 15th!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
I'm looking at the Toxonics 3X K9 for hunting. Don't see anything else close to the quality unless Sword offers a lens addition and I don't believe they do.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top