Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just switched my cable and string out to a winners choice set. When it came time to split the cable for the Drop ZOne cord, I realized that it "couldnt" be done with the X-coating that Winners Choice puts on their cables. I ended up laying the cord along the down cable and tightly serving the cord to the cable. Held up for the 30 or so break in and tuning shots that I did, but I dont know how long it will last or till it will slip.

With the drop zone and the winners choice cables/strings both being very popular, how are others out there approaching this "problem." Does my approach sound ok. The rest works good and topped out each time I shot.

Any idea would be appreciated or if I did it "correct" let me know too.

Thanks
J-

·
Registered
451 Posts
jjc - I had the same situation with my QAD Ultra. Go to Winner's Choice's website. They have instructions (including pictures) for tying the rest to the cable. Basically, you tie the rest to the cable using a d-loop knot, then serve the cable above the knot. It's pretty easy and seems to work fine.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool thanks guys. I dont even know how either me nor my buddy thought about doing that way !!

Thanks
J-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.